ltz50 quad no power

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DSengineer
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: snifter

My LTZ50 Wont Move!

I bought my 4 year old a 2006 Suzuki LTZ50 and cannot get this thing to run right. It ran right for about 10 minutes when I first bought it and then the cdi went bad. The original owner did no mods to it and his kid rode it 3 times. It looks brand new.

The bike starts and idles fine, but when you give it gas it just cuts in and out and will barely move. It wont move if I am sitting on it (165 lbs) and will barely move if I hold the throttle and walk with it. Never stalls, just wont move.

I have completley cleaned the carb, changed the plug, put in a new cdi box (stock), new battery, checked for compression, cvt belt and clutch rollers looks like new. I have no idea what else it could be. Feels like something electrical making it cut in and out, but I guess not. I am at a total loss. Anyone ever heard of this? I've read all of the forums on this site about this little bike, but havent seen anything like this. Just the topics of gettting it more power.....i just need to get any power.

I hate to take it to the local dealer and have them charge me $80-90 an hour just to diagnose and do all the same things I have already done. I see the bill adding up real quick.</end quote></div>

Does it cut out or does it sound like the rev limiter is kicking in at a really low RPM. On the stock CDI there is a secondary rev limiter set very low when you have the e-brake on. If the electrical connection at the e-brake is disconnected I believe the rev limiter kicks in by default. Check the wire going to the e-brake
So did you have any luck with this quad bud?

Old 02-02-2020, 11:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help , due to throw in towel.

Hi , i apologise for reviving a dead thread but very little info available on these quads. Im trying to help my uncles friend get his lemon of an ltz50 2012 model to work properly. He brought it to me with a few issues mainly chocked up exhaust baffle causing carbon on the exhaust valve making it stay open so got that sorted then the bike wouldnt get a spark due to a failed brake safety switch so done as others have and bypassed it with a toggle switch which worked well and allowed the quad to start and then rev fully when switched off while running. I made sure to test the quad and handed it back running well. He went out on it and ten minutes later he said it cut off so he restarts it and it wont move atall and sounds restricted. The switch i have fitted still seems to work as it will rev more when the switch is turned off after starting but still hits a limiter very early and wont shift or turn wheels when back end is raised. Ive had it stripped back apart rechecked all connections , tested for continuity , re-cleaned carb as a precaution etc Does this sound like an issue with the cdi still restricting the quad even though its sensing the brake being disengaged ? If anyone is out there and can help i would massively appreciate it as this is becoming a bit of a joke and driving me nuts. Thanks