Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

quadracer finally running

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2001, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i fired up my quadracer today for the first time since the beginning of fall. i finally got the thing fixed. it was outside all winter with the side case off where the clutch is. i got it all cleaned up, put in my new clutch, took off my decals (they were torn up bad), put on my new chain and cleaned it up really nice. i also realized this winter that i had never cleaned the air filter since i got the thing! (2 and a half years and i ride a lot thourgh tons of mud and dust!) cleaned that out. it was REALLY nasty i'm getting a uni filter for it. anyways it took 12 kicks to start it. not bad eh? now all it needs is new tires, plastics, decals, and some bent peoces straightened. i'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 01-24-2001, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

kind of a sad update here. it started fine. then i started it again to pull it outta the garage and the clutch was still slipping! we pulled it apart again and it turns out one of the things that the springs slide over then the bolt screws into it is broken!!! now we can get the clutch off cuz the thing just keeps spinning in there. this really sucks i was so close to riding again! well we're gonna try to get it off somehow then we're gonna need to buy a new inner clutch basket thinga ma bobber.

Old 01-24-2001, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer

hey Jugg, don't feel that bad about it. lo. sometimes, after a nice high pace ride, she runs like a top. then I shut it down (I need the break, not the quad lol) and the damn thing gets an attitude and won't start for nothin. so, we do the next best thing, a tie down strap and a 94 chevy Z-71. that usually clears the problem. lol. (I think that kick start is over rated anyways)
as far as parts go, I usually stick with Rocky Mountain for 2 reasons:
1. cheapest prices on their products
2. reliable shipping/customer support

I paid $204 for the bandit rear's mounted on douglas aluminum .190 rims. about $230 for all new plastics - including the hood pieces, and a few hundred smackers for the FMF pipe and silencer. I couldn't be any happier with them.

Old 01-24-2001, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

i really like rocky mountain but i have a friend who owns a shop and he gets me all kinds of parts for reaaaally cheap. i want realters on the back he says he can get me a pair for 40 bucks (no rims) not bad eh? i know how that is abotu the attitude lol. mine is always like that! but infortunately the only way i can get it running again is to kick it over and over again.