Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Talk me into a king quad 750

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk me into a king quad 750

I can get the cat for $600 less, why should I spend more to get the suzuki?

Old 02-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

Well......not sure you should!

What type of riding do you do and what kinds of trails are they?

If you have any sporty aspirations, you should look more toward the King Quad. If you are more into mud and/ or ultimate terrain conquering, look into the AC.

Make sure you sit on the AC before you buy it. They are GIGANTIC! Make sure your comfortable riding such a large machine. I'm not a small guy (5-11 ~ 190) but I feel tiny on those things! The Suzuki is much more compact.

If I had to choose, I like to do a mix of all sorts of riding (trail cruising, technical terrain, mud, and sporty stuff like powersliding etc), so I would probably give the KQ a little more of a look than the AC.

If you like powersliding and stuff, check and see if the AC has the rear sway bar installed. If I'm remembering correctly, not all ACs come with them so as to have the ability for maximum suspension articulation, but this is at the sacrifice of the ability to powerslide. I think they're available as an accessory.

So really see which one you like better and which one fits your riding style and conditions better. Don't let $600 change your mind. Its a small amount on the full scale of things.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Trailblazer

I never do mud.
At home in Indiana I will be very easy on it.
I will ride it a couple weeks a year in the mountains of Colorado,
mostly on rocky jeep trails.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Range Rover

Suzuki is by far a much better machine( other then the engine cause suzuki makes the cats engines). Overall the feel is better. RIdes and handles better. More power since its a 750 and not a 700. Suzuki also has a proven track record in terms of reliability... Artic cat on the other hand seems to not have the quality. For more information i always use

http://www.powersportsnetwork....asp?vehiclecategory=2

Take a look at the overall rating of artic cat, compared to suzuki from thousands of review by people and click each one to go to the year and models of the machines your buying then maybe that will help with your choice

Old 02-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

I'd say sit on both of them and see which fits you best. Both will serve your needs just fine.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

My buddy has the 700 kingquad. I don't know if they got it fixed in later models, but they have a flaw in the caster that causes the front wheels to "lock" when turning and braking at the same time. Unless you're a BIG guy, you can't pull the handlebars straight until he weight of the quad comes off the front wheels. From reading around Higherlifter.com and a few other boards, my guess is they still don't have it fixed.

Its not a huge deal with the stock tires, but once you put some decent mud tires on, its a death-trap in my opinion... I refuse to ride my friend's anymore. At least until the caster is fixed. There are 2 choices to fix the caster. 1) buy aftermarket a-arms. 2) cut the existing arms and install washers as shims to move the top arm back and the bottom arm forward. You should be able to find more info about this in higherlifter.com

Other than that, the King seems to be a solid machine and is very fast.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider

In the arctic cat accessory book it says the sway bar is only for the 400 and thundercat models. Its $139.95. Part # 0436-744

I was thinking of getting it for the TC. Definitely getting the bumpers though!

Old 02-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Range Rover

Thats the first time ive ever heard of a problem like that on the kingquad 700. It is most definitly fixed, and the kingquad 750 is a slightly different machine then the 700 so you wont be having any problems with them they are proven to be reliable unlike artic cat

Old 02-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider

First time? Its common enough that guys are posting how-tos all over the net. http://www.highlifter.com/foru...iJohn/m_1336442/tm.htm

I almost killed myself when my friend put 27inch swamplites on his. I got up to 30-35mph... maybe less... I had to take a very slight turn, but I turned and slowed a little at the same time. When I did the bars went to full lock and I couldn't pull them back. Then, when I finally got enough strength and leverage to pull them back, they went full lock the other way! I almost flipped twice... Once to the right and once to the left before I finally got slowed down enough. That's the last time I rode it. With the stock tires it didn't do that.

When buying this quad, you should definitely be aware and ask about the caster angle. If its still 1.6 degrees, you should decide how you're going to handle that and if bigger tires are likely.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Range Rover

he said 750 not 700

Quick Reply: Talk me into a king quad 750