Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

im gettin crankcase oil in my cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im gettin crankcase oil in my cylinder

ok, here is the problem..just bought a lt250r quadracer a few days ago, wasnt runin when we picked it up. guy we bought it from wasnt sure what its problem was.. price was right so i grabbed it...get it home, played with it and got it started for quick second, so i know nothing is seized up. but... noticed there is crankcase oil in the cylinder and i was told i also need to replace seals...i could send it to a friend of a friend and get it fixed but would proly end up payin more than i payed for the wheeler itself.. so i got this bright idea that i might possible be able to fix it.. this is the first small engine i have ever attempted to work on but i do know how to pull apart a 350 engine out of a chevy..so in theory smaller engine should b just as easy..right?? lol.. well i need some help in what i need to b lookin at for the cause so i know what to fix.. if ne one out there has some possible causes help would b appreciated.. thanx

Old 03-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default im gettin crankcase oil in my cylinder

The seal behind the water pump is most likely the culpret. It worst case, it's the crank seal on the clutch side.

These are two-stokes. There is no oil in the crankcase, but there is oil in the tranny. That's where it's getting in at. Get yourself an oil seal kit & clutch cover gasket for the LT250R, tear it apart and fix it. It's not hard at all. The seals can be pryed/picked out with a mechanics pick and new ones pressed in by hand or gently tapped with a socket and hammer. Spring side OUT on all oil seals.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default where

where is the crank seal cuz i pulled the clutch off and all i saw was ball bearings. so do i have 2 split the case. ive been working on mine peace by peace and ive done it all by muself cuz my dad is always working so i need a little help

Old 11-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

no you dont have to split the cases to change the crank seals but everything has to come off both sides of the crank and youll have a bit of a fight getting them out with the crank still in there. be careful not to gauld your case halves so the new seals will seal in there. be sure to grease them with moly grease before you put them in. also check to see if your crank wobbles up and down while the seals are out to see if they are bad