Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Suzuki Quad Lt230GEF help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey yea i found the two bolts and gave them a good thump shielded by a piece of dense wood, but wouldnt budge so im going to take off the bearing cover but the previous owner rounded the head on Only one of the bolts, so here comes Mr modification with a grinder thanks so much for your help so far! Wish you where in Aus id buy you a carton of ****

Old 10-31-2014, 09:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So did the rear axle hold up after brake job?

Dear user BeFarrer,

Did the rear axle hold up after removing the 2 large nuts and sliding to the right to allow replacement of brake shoes?

I need to do the same operation to a friend's Suzuki, the setup is identical to that shown in your picture. I'd like to delve in and do the same, but I'm very leery of rack and pinion, tolerances and setup are notoriously critical, and I do not want to screw anything up. Except for rear brakes, it's a cool running old ATV, if the rear axle gets fouled, the machine is only good for parting out.

Your post is the most detailed I've seen yet, in fact the only dealing with same problem. There does not seem to be any repair information available for the rear axle. Clymer's help seems very shallow, weak.

I am very interested to hear how your rear axle held up following brake job.

The other unknown I have is exactly which model is my friend's quad: It is 229cc, pull rope recoil starter, and electric starter, shaft drive, one reverse gear selected by control cable, five speed forward, automatic clutch.

The photo of the rear axle seems identical to my friend's machine, down to the trailer hitch, grab bar and all, a spitting image.

Thank you again!