Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

04 Eiger starting and runniing issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 04 Eiger starting and runniing issue

HI All. I am new to here and am reaching out for some help.

My 04 Eiger (179 miles on it) has some strange issues.
I mainly use it for plowing snow and some light trail riding no stunts or water holes.

The problem started after my 100 mile maintenance.

It would ONLY start and run good while the choke was on even after being warm. If i shut it off and tried to restart it I would have to put the choke back on and give it gas to do so. I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT BACK TO THE DEALER THEN but I had no way of getting it there unless I rented a trailer. This was done 2 years ago.

Anyway fast forward to today. I could not get it started at all choked or not. It had sat since last winter. I checked the plug for spark and fuel all was good. I drained the leftover gas and got a new spark plug and it starts now but I cannot use the choke at all and when I try to give it gas, it stalls. Also if I try to choke it when it is first started and cold it stalls. So now I have a different problem.

I believe it is something with the carb but I can't see the adjustment screws other then the IDLE pigtail adjust that is by the manual pull start.

I sorta have bad back and I really don't want to pull the cover(s) off or the carb out.
Is there an easy way to get to these adjustments without doing all that?

I would like to tinkler with them before I call someone to take it for service or come to the house.

If anyone has some suggestions on what to try, they would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks, Dave

Old 12-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Remove and clean the carb completely or have it done by a professional. Most likely the jets are plugged from the gas guming up. Happens alot on quads and bikes that sit for long periods

Old 12-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by papahouse
Remove and clean the carb completely or have it done by a professional. Most likely the jets are plugged from the gas guming up. Happens alot on quads and bikes that sit for long periods
i agree, mine had similar problems and a good scrub down of the carb jets and orifices and cleaning out the gas tank did wonders.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone know where the adjustments are? I would like to try them first.

Also if I have to pull the carb out, what is the Carb make and model for the 04 Eiger 4x4 Auto trans? I will get a rebuild kit but NOT from the dealer.

Dave

Old 12-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

The adjustments are on the bottom but that's not gonna work, you need to clean it, all you need to know for the rebuild kit is the year, make and model the dealer will most likely order it from Parts Unlimited or Tucker Rocky

Old 12-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Just order the DynoJet Kit--multiple sellers on E-bay. Go to the Dynojet website to find the correct kit, and you can even download the instructions before you buy.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Orginal Trespassers

The dynoJet kit only has main jets and a needle.

You have a Keihin CVK32SS carb

Take yours apart and clean it really good. The air/fuel screw should have a plug covering it you will need to take the carb off to get to it or you can turn the carb side ways and see if the plug is still there, it will be just in front of the bowl

Old 12-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

ditto onthe carb cleanig , shouldnt need any parts, after you get it cleaned and machine runnin right use seafoam in the gas regularly and turn gas off when not in use and you wont have anymore problems

Old 01-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Davekuli
Does anyone know where the adjustments are? I would like to try them first.

Also if I have to pull the carb out, what is the Carb make and model for the 04 Eiger 4x4 Auto trans? I will get a rebuild kit but NOT from the dealer.

Dave
Keihin 32CVK Disassembly