Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT80 - Problems starting, and then stalling.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 03:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Great..that's what I need. Another wife mad at me.. LMAO
I'd start a fire.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT80
Carb: Once off, remove the float bowl. You'll then see a black rubber thing that connects the jet area to the bowl. Throw that away. Then remove both jets and clean/soak/blow it all out. Make sure the jets are not clogged. Install. It helps to hold the o-ring in place with a lil grease.
Let us know how you make out.
I watched a Youtube video where it shows the complete disassembly of the carb and how to clean it. I am a visual person mostly, but your post along with that video helped.

You said to throw away the rubber thing. I assume I need to replace it. What is it called so I can order the part?

In that video showed the petcock switch and yes it should be moving much easier than it is. I will replace like you suggest.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

It's a weird part number. Here it is:::
THROW_IT_AWAY_NOT_USED_ -B00.........

Sorry, I just had to. The B00 is because a lot of Zuki part numbers end in B00.
Hope ya have a sense of humor.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:48 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by LT80
It's a weird part number. Here it is:::
THROW_IT_AWAY_NOT_USED_ -B00.........

Sorry, I just had to. The B00 is because a lot of Zuki part numbers end in B00.
Hope ya have a sense of humor.
Ahh...so basically, throw it away and don't buy another cause it's not used. LOL I can live with that.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm hijacking this thread a little cause I had the same problem. I was having tiny cracks in the vacuumhose from the petcock down to the carb. Changed the hose and the stalling ended. But... Maybe LT80 or Dirtdevil can answer this. Ever since I got it to run the engine isn't running clean. Lean or rich? You be the judge.

Also, why should the gasket from the carburatorbowl be removed?

Old 04-26-2017, 07:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

it's not a gasket. It's a black rubber thing that connects the jet area to the bottom of the float bowl. It can get crushed and cause difficulties.
Video:As far as cleaning out, it doesn't seem like he has applied enough throttle.
Pick the rear end up and let her rip to clean it out. See if that helps.
If the problem persists, clean the carb and air filter. The pipe may be plugged also.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds rich...almost like loading up...pull the plug...what do you see??

Old 04-26-2017, 09:53 AM
Country Rider

MOTC, don't use your time and money to clean out the carburetor. I had this issue for a while with my Yamaha Raptor 350. I replaced the spark plug, gleaned out the carburetor twice, and cleaned out the gas tank, but none of those worked. I finally figured out what the problem is, and its really simple.

The problem is the gas valves. You should take the gas valve/on and off switch off of your quad and take a look. Mine was worn down, and had two small holes in it. You can find some cheep ones for only around $20, and that will fix your problem. Hope it helped.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:57 AM
Country Rider

MOTC, don't use your time and money to clean out the carburetor. I had this issue for a while with my Yamaha Raptor 350. I had a hard time starting it, and I would even quite in the middle of riding. I replaced the spark plug, gleaned out the carburetor twice, and cleaned out the gas tank, but none of those worked. I finally figured out what the problem is, and its really simple.

The problem is the gas valves. You should take the gas valve/on and off switch off of your quad and take a look. Mine was worn down, and had two small holes in it. You can find some cheep ones for only around $20, and that will fix your problem. Hope it helped.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:58 AM
Country Rider

Sorry, accidentally doubled my post