Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I have a 06 ltz 250 I can't get any spark help plz

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2020, 05:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a 06 ltz 250 I can't get any spark help plz

I have a 06 ltz 250 I can't get it to spark at all I have replaced the cdi stator coil everthing I know to replace even the hole wiring harness it self an stall nothing but I think I might have gotten a bad cdi box cause it buzzes when I trun the key on but can somone help me idk what else to do how man safety switch r they on it anyone know plz help

Old 02-18-2020, 03:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 306 Likes on 300 Posts

I don't know the LTZ 250 but have never come across a CDI that "buzzes" are you sure you are not getting it mixed up with another electrical component? Faulty relays buzz as they are electro-mechanical, CDIs are solid state electronics so don't make any sound. With the money you have spent, you could have got a Suzuki dealer to fix it, which may still be your best option. You need to know quite a lot about CDI ignition systems to diagnose faults in them, looks like you have substituted parts in the hope something will work, this is expensive, and in your case it hasn't worked. If you do want to do it yourself, get the Suzuki workshop manual, and follow ignition circuit test procedures to the letter.

Old 02-20-2020, 02:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ur right it has cost me alot of money but am sure it is the cdi box the only time it buzz is when I unplug the coil that holder the spark plug when I unplug one of the two wires on tge coil an when I go to hook it back up I get a spark tell I put the wire up on the coil but when I try firing it I get nothing i have replays the stator both coils starter evething but I think I got a bad cdi box or when I had the other wiring hardness it was cut all up I thinking it shorted out somewere an mess it up eventhrow I just got it but irk why it wont fire if that not the case r thwy a way of testing the cdi box

Old 02-21-2020, 03:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 306 Likes on 300 Posts

As I wrote above I don't know the LTZ 250 but all pre-EFI Suzukis I have come across have AC ignition, if it is, there would be no battery power going to the CDI or coil. I suspect you have wired it up so battery power is somehow getting to these components. Get that workshop manual and check if it is AC ignition, and check the wiring against the diagram to make sure you haven't connected the loom up wrongly. You can't test CDIs, only the wires to the CDI, the manuals tell you that if they all test out as correct, it must be the CDI at fault, (not quite true, but the best you can do).

Old 02-21-2020, 09:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Clean every electrical connection. Actually get in them and shine the metal metal up.
Worked on mine.