Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

2002 Suzuki Eiger no spark

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 08:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Suzuki Eiger no spark

2002 Suzuki Eiger. Hi. Magnets came off flywheel. Bought RM stator flywheel and stator with pick up coil. It did not run barely. Replaced the CDI oem and regulator. Getting zero spark. New coil, new plug, new boot.
My question is regarding the stator. I’m tempted to put the old one back in. I’ve heard of Rm stator shipping stators that do not produce the correct voltage. As well, I’ve read about a gap adjustment on the pick up coil, this seems impossible as the pick up coil is mounted to the outer engine case.
Many are stuck just like me with this Eiger problem. Any advice ? Do you think the apparent Oem compatible flywheel from Rm stator will work with original Suzuki stator ? It’s a lot of work tearing the side of the engine apart. Any advice will be greatly appreciated ?

Old 06-13-2023, 03:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 306 Likes on 300 Posts

I would have thought that RM would have made the same stators fit both genuine flywheels and their own, as not everyone who needs a stator needs a flywheel. However I am a bit suspicious of the quality of RM stuff. They were selling regulators for Honda 350 - 450s that were of truly awful quality a couple of years ago. We had to go back to buying genuine Honda regs. Anyway, do the stator tests before assuming it is a faulty stator, resistances should be similar, for old and new, pick up coil and exciter coil. I have heard that the pulse coil can be wired backwards, and if you swap the wires in the wiring plug it suddenly starts to work. Surprised your old stator wasn't destroyed, one or two I have had were smashed by loose magnets and bits of magnetic shrapnel were all over the insides of the cases.