Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

So where is the new Suzuki sport quad?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2001, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the people who knew people who knew people who knew people that said it would 100% for sure be announced this month....where is it? September is almost over.

Old 09-27-2001, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider
Old 09-27-2001, 10:53 AM
Range Rover

Seems they have all disappeared Guido. Guido let me ask you this; what caliber of machine would Suzuki have to offer for you to buy? You've got what appears to be a cherry LT250 and if I had to guess, you wouldn't trade up.

I won't trade my quadzilla for a 25 HP 400cc Suzuki 4 stroke.

Who here would trade in their current ride for the above mentioned machine?

Old 09-27-2001, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

I would never trade my Zilla for any fourstroke quad. No DS, EX, Raptor, none of 'em......I might(and that's a big might) trade for a cherry mint Banshee if it was tricked out enough to "WOW" me, but I doubt that would ever happen.....

Old 09-27-2001, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I'm patiently waiting to see the new sport quad. I'd love to be the first one in my town to buy one but then I also know that it is wise to wait one year before purchasing to let the factory work the bugs out. Case in point: look at the Raptor. The '02 Raptor has revised tranny gear ratios and a stronger rear axle. That to me would have been worth waiting for.

When i think back to when Suzuki first released the Quad Sport and Quad Racer back in '85 they didn't put out any info until January or Feburary of that year. Up until then we had no idea that the machines were coming out.

Old 09-27-2001, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

<< Guido let me ask you this; what caliber of machine would Suzuki have to offer for you to buy? You've got what appears to be a cherry LT250 and if I had to guess, you wouldn't trade up. >>

I'm not sure what I would do yet...sell the LT for a new quad or keep it and have two quads. I would like a 4-stroke because I can easily street legalize a quad here in AZ and last time I checked most gas stations didn't carry premix. 2-stroke oil prices have gone up a lot over the years too and I have to run race gas which is getting very expensive. I would also just like something newer. The 2-stroke technology we are using is getting very old and the new 4-strokes are impressive. It's still not the same thrill but I do like them. I might regret doing it someday but I don't think I will. You know that if 4-stroke quads weren't competetive, the pros would not be wasting their time with them. For those that follow GNC racing know, more and more pros are going to 4-strokes. Cannondale and Nacs are teaming up next year for a team which will be interesting. I like the concepts Cannondale has come up with but would definitely not buy one at the moment. The deserve a lot of respect for what they have done so far, their involvment with racing, and that they listen to the atv world and make changes accordingly. Ok..that's long enough.

Old 09-27-2001, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer

Why would you definatly not buy a cannondale ?? To new ??

Old 09-27-2001, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

<< Who here would trade in their current ride for the above mentioned machine? >>

i would. i'd love to be on a suzuki again and u'm sure the suzuki won't be as tuned down as those lame 400EX's. i mean since when has suzuki been afraid to put out some big horsepower when it comes to quads? aren't they the company that has realeased the most powerful fourwheeler ever? yeah i thought so. and who kept their 250 2 stroke around longer than any1 else? suzuki of course. i think suzuki is less afraid than the other comany's (with the exception of cannondale) of making quads that are powerful right off the showroom floor.

Old 09-27-2001, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah really Guido, i feel ya brotha, i been thinkin the same thing!
I would love to see a new Suzuki Sport Quad, judging by how the old Quadracers ruled in their time and still continue to kick *** today i would say that the new Suzuki will be a sight to behold! I think ittl kick ***, i still myself would prefer one of the old 250 Quadracers to a new 400 4-stroke! Maybe we wil se somethin pretty soon!

Long Live Suzuki Sport![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2001, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

<< Why would you definatly not buy a cannondale ?? To new ?? >>

Because they have had some serious problems. There has been one recall on the quads and many part recalls as well. One of the ATV mags recently listed all the parts that have been replaced. The good thing is they admit there are some problems by doing the recalls which is more respectable than what Yamaha has done about the first Raptors...nothing. If you don't know what problems I am talking about, check out the Yamaha forum. I have seen some of the problems in person like carbs coming out of the intake boots. I think after a year or two Cannondale will have the bugs worked out and I would maybe consider one. I ride anywhere between 200' and 8000' in elevation here in Arizona and the fuel injection would be great for that.