Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

What is the new zuki gonna be competing with?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JCV400ex Do you have low self esteem? Do you have to proove to everyone that you have a big one? ie: OH YEAH I have my own lap top...SO THERE na na nana na

Old 10-12-2001, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

Norm,

No, that was not my aim. Rockrider made the comment about using my mother's computer. That's all.

Old 10-12-2001, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

I'm a Honda owner and I'm going to trade my beginner 250ex up for possibly a 400ex. After reading about the Suzuki I'm not sure though. It has reverse, higher compression, is liquid cooled and it looks cool. I don't know much about engines or how much higher compression really does but my riding buddy Sparkyex has a cannondale with 12.5 : 1 compression and that thing screams.
DirtDiggler[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2001, 09:31 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I have a Raptor and I like it. I really don't care if the Suzuki can beat me. I like the color of yellow so if one blows by me and least it will look like a sunset off in the distance. Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2001, 03:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider

the z400 is the quad honda should have built. But at the time honda had NO other quad to shoot for. Honda built was was needed to be on top and nothing more. Times changed, honda went from being on the top of the hi-po quads to the bottom. I am sure honda will make at new quad in the next 2 years. the 400ex is nice but you can't say the z400 will not be better. It has all the makings of a very good mass produced 400 class quad. I can't see being brand loyal to the point of ignorance.I am glad suz. is making the z. Hope it is priced no more than the 400ex.

Old 10-14-2001, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Can't everyone just be happy with a new bike, I'm a definite Honda fan but hell this should be a nice bike. Have any of you heard of Doug Gust????? This motor will have potential, I mean who the hell keeps there bikes stock anyways......Suzuki can't do everything.

Old 10-19-2001, 01:45 PM
zoo
Pro Rider

After reading all these pro and cons, or should I say arguments, I will be very interested when they actually do comparison tests, then we will all know the score. Being a 400EX owner myself, I was very impressed with Honda's design. Let's not forget the price tag, when they did a recent test of the newest sport quads (Raptor, Cannondale, Banshee, Bombardier, 400EX), they had their good and bad points, and in the end they rated the 400EX number 3 out of the bunch, that's pretty good company, and the main reason was design compared to price. "How fast can you afford to go". I say give the new Suzuki 400 a chance, if they can keep the price low and with the current spec sheet it should be a winner.

I for one am glad that Suzuki decided to enter the sport game once again.

Old 10-20-2001, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

The EX will be the prime target here, shouldn't be hard.

Old 10-20-2001, 02:24 AM
Trailblazer

look guys lets look at the specs.

1. the z400 weighs a little less than the 400ex and about 30lb less than the raptor.
2. the motor in the z is high tech with compression of 11.3 and a short stroke of 62.2mm means this engine is designed to rev big time. in fact the power output of this engine is about the same as a yzf400 ,and dont be fooled by a smaller carb as this is feature to extract more bottem end torque exact what a quad needs the most.With that much compression dont be surprised if it puts out about 40hp.
The raptor is about 38hp and the ex is 27hp or there abouts.
3. the suspension on the z to me looks exactly the same as the ex and even if you take a close look at the shocks, they even look like the exact same ones. The z400 has the same dimensions as the ex but slightly longer which is good. To me it should handle the same as a ex if not better because of the extra wheelbase.
WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN?????
Dont be surprised if it kicks the raptor and ex in both speed and handling, i think it will be the NEW KING OF PERFORMANCE. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-20-2001, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider

At this site they say the compression is 11.3 : 1 but in ATV Sport and I think sportquad.com they both say 12.2 : 1 . I don't know who is right but 2 out of 3 say 12.2 : 1 and if it's true that might make it fast.

Quick Reply: What is the new zuki gonna be competing with?