Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

What is the new zuki gonna be competing with?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 04:25 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JCV400EX I am a 37 year old engineer with three computers I must be way smarter than you.

The Suzuki has 36 mm intake valves and a factory flow ported head, do you know what air flow = ???? HORSEPOWER.

The Z400 quad has basically the same motor as the Z400S dual purpose bike, and that bike is rated at 34 HP

so which would I rather have a, a 375 lb air cooled no reverse 27 HP quad or a 375 lb water cooled, reverse having 34 HP quad? GEE even a super samrt 25 year old genius like yourself can figure that out.

I bet your whimpy 400EX is too much for you anyway.

GO BACK TO SLEEP YOU MORON

Old 10-30-2001, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Wow. Have any of you boys read the original post? How come you guys can never stay on topic in here?

Old 10-30-2001, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't say that the compression was bad. I said that the engine was based off the DRZ400S and not the DRZ400. I don't have a problem with the compression, I have a Mojave and it's compression is 11:1, and it still takes regular gas. As for the Suzuki, I would love to have one of those! It's everything I have ever wanted in a quad. Liquid cooling, 400cc, REVERSE, and stylish good looks. Heck if it's priced well I will start saving on it. And probably even if it's not.

Old 10-30-2001, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

I just want to put an end to the stupid redneck recipe...12:1 compression, it needs race gas. duh!

You need race gas to prevent detonation (in this, dual-sporter's right), but the other way to avvoid detonation is with well designed heads, efficiently designed cooling systems, and other details.
So about the gas thing, if the manufacturer says "pump gas" (which is the case for all stock machines I have ever seen), then it is enough.

Modded or not, the Z400 engine will be superior. The advantage of the Ex are simplicity (thus price) and low maintenance in stock form. It's a simple fun machine. The Z400 SHOULD be a simple fun and fast machine. The shee is fun and fast, and the raptor is fast. Simple...isn't it? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And about the no sleeve issue...it is so much more modern to have a Nikasil coating than a good 'ol cast iron sleeve! And your cylinders can be recoated (yes, it's expensive...).

I think the Z is gonna be a nice machine. Don't know what the price will be, but it sure is very interesting.

Old 10-30-2001, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

1st bring it
2nd your out of your holy F@%$##G mind

Old 10-31-2001, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

rraptor13 your starting to **** me off. first off how old are you? 13? and also tell me just how a raptor would beat an LT500. in the trails i can see it and MAYBE on a track but anywehre else the LT would destroy it. your a complete idiot if you think otherwise...try ridin a 500, you'll sh|t your pants.

Old 10-31-2001, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

rraptorr13, I'll take you anywhere. The question is will it be third gear or middle of fourth? That thing is too tippy for me to worry about, you'd have done better to get a wider rear axle instead of a goofy skidplate. I do ride the other wheelers in my signature a lot because Louisiana has the tendency to get a little muddy. The LT does a lot of things great but the fenders are just for looks.

I do hope that this new Suzuki is either a real contender or there is one on the way.

Old 10-31-2001, 09:28 AM
zoo
Pro Rider

Gee! Words of wisdom from rraptor13.

Mind altering drugs must be great...

Old 10-31-2001, 10:39 AM
Range Rover

Raptor13 is not worth getting upset about, he spent a lot of money on his shiney new quad and wants to think it is the fastest best machine around, so you really can't blame hime for being misinformed. All of us that are touch with reality know that the the DS650 is the fastest and quickest current ATV made, and that either the 400EX or the Cannondale is the best handling current ATV made. The Raptor is OK at a few things but not best at anything, my 92 LT250r stay's next to the Raptor in a 1/4 mile race, but the DS pulls me by a few quads. The Zilla is the fastest monster quad and best dunner in history and is not in the same catagory as the Raptor.

As far as the Z400 carb question, the 36FCR is a great carb for that quad, the 39 would probably give it a little better top end, but the 36MM is a lot smoother in the woods and low end. My 92 Quadracer only came with a 34MM I put a 35mm Air Stryker on it and it feels great, I would have put a 38MM on but the tech at SUDCO told me that it wouldn't be as responsive on the bottom end as the 35.

Moral of the story we all want to believe that our individual quad is best, thats why RAPTOR13 is disillusioned, Don't take it personal.

Old 10-31-2001, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

This will make you all happy this is my last reply to this thread. DS may be a ok dune machine but other than that its too big and too heavy. I have beaten Lt 250, & 500 track and trail. Raptor is only tippy for those of you who dont move around on a machine when racing and riding. Ds I beat in drag race about 1/4 mile, both stock. The only time I have been beat in a drag is my a completely modified banshee,and on the track by a 400ex, the kid just out rode me and it was to the wire. Beleave what you want,and what helps you sleep at night. I wouldn't trade my raptor for any other machine.

Quick Reply: What is the new zuki gonna be competing with?