Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Trade Eiger for New Machine?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 08:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eiger is a really nice machine but I want to get something a little bigger. I am looking at the Vinson now but I am worried about the belt drive in deep water. Should I wait until they come out with the 2003 models? I got a little over 900 miles on the Eiger, I flipped my machine and it cost me $900 for front end parts. It looks brand new now. I had me and my wife on two different occasions with black bears on it going up hills. I just wish it had a little more ***** and thats the reason I want to trade it in on a 2002 or 2003. I expect they will give me somewhere around $4500 for value. To buy a machine here you can add almost $1000 above any other place in the lower 48. If I get it from the dealer where I bought the last 2 machines I will get a good deal. I just want to know if anyone has any ideas on what would be a better and bigger machine?

Old 06-01-2002, 09:47 AM
TG1
Pro Rider

HUNTFISHALASKA
This just a thought but how about something in the 650cc to 700cc range. The Kawi 650 will have more than enough power, and diff lock. I'm assuming you don't really care about IRS due to the fact you have an Eiger and now are considering a Vinson. If you're going to move up and take a hit on trading in get the biggest machine you can.

Old 06-01-2002, 10:03 AM
Range Rover

Well if you like the Suzuki engines(looks like you do)... Check out the Arctic Cats. They are bigger and have more ground clearance.

Old 06-01-2002, 10:06 AM
Trailblazer

I am thinking about the 650 class but realy don't care for Kawi tho. That why I am thinking of 2003. I know SUZUKI is coming out with a bigger class then the 500 but dont know how big yet? A 500 would do it but hell why stop at the Vinson. I know they will be slashing prices on the 2002 when the 2003 come out tho.
ty for the input tho

Old 06-01-2002, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer

I've heard rumors of a "Everest". Something like 800cc. No telling when though...

Old 06-01-2002, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

why don't you buy one from the cheapest dealer and have it shipped? It should be cheaper.

Your wife and two black bears, you work in the circus? Are those stunt bears? Do you ever let the Bears drive unsupervised, and without helmets? The PETA people will have a field day if you let them ride with out proper safety gear and training. OSHA might also me a concern if you where in Ca. If you get a Grizzly will it get along with your black bears?

Join the movement for "Safe Animal Tricks" send donations to Me.

Smitty

Old 06-01-2002, 12:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

You'd better to wait the launch of 2003 models.
Big 4 may release their 03models in this month, or soon.

Old 06-01-2002, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Have you guy's ever considered why Suzuki came out with a new 500cc machine when they already had a 500cc machine instead of coming out with a new 650 class 4x4 like everyone else. Think about the merger between Kawasaki and Suzuki. Kawasaki is already going to release a version of the Suzuki z400 as a Kawasaki 400, so why wouldn't Suzuki release a 650 V-Twin version of the Prairie? Also, Kawasaki does not have a 500cc class 4x4, so it would make since that they get a 500cc version of the Suzuki Vinson. That way Suzuki gets an open class 4x4 like the 650 V-Twin, and Kawasaki gets a nice 500cc 4x4 like the Vinson. Both companies win, by getting two new machines for the development cost of one. Just a thought, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. Otherwise, since Suzuki already had a 500cc 4x4, why would they spend the money to develop another one, why not just make a 650 like everyone else, unless they new that Kawasaki was already making one that they would get rights two for themselves.

Old 06-01-2002, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably because the quadrunner 500 was kinda a "ho-hum" type machine. Nothing really wrong with it, just nothing really outstanding either. Put it in a shootout and it will place a decent 2nd or 3rd. Basically it's a good solid bike. The thing is, good solid bikes don't sell as well when they are also your top of the line.

The also 500 Vinson is much more machine and had the performance to be rated Suzuki's top quad.

Jaybee

Old 06-01-2002, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

Smitty 911: My wife and I like to hunt and ride together. One spots while the other drives. As for the bears - We have tried, with a lot of patience and diplomacy, to get the bears to just jump on and ride to the truck before getting shot to help cut down on the hauling and all the work, but, lets face it - They have a mind of thier own and insist we work really hard at getting them. As for the browns and blacks getting along, well we have to seperate them and let one ride on the front rack and the other on the back one. The animal rights activists are on our case about having more than one animal in such a small area and OSHA........well, we have to take a detour around them. So far we have avoided the Troopers while they are learning to drive but now the Troopers have their plane in the air the bears are bitch'n about wearing camo - you think Cabellas will special order?

To have a ATV shipped in here where I live is $300 one way by boat ONLY. And that is only if the machine comes from Anchorage. You don't want to know how much it would be to ship from say, Seattle [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I don't want to be spending twice what the machine costs just to get it here. TY for the posts you guys. I didn't know if anybody had heard what cc motor SUZUKI was comming out with for 2003 yet.

Quick Reply: Trade Eiger for New Machine?