Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

AC Pro Pegs Blow

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when you get them, let me kow how they go on and if you have any problems. they should be fixed. i have put them on 3 differnt z's this week.

Old 09-24-2002, 03:09 PM
Trailblazer

I got my pro peg put on and they fit great. The only problem I have with them, is that the heal plate does not go far enough back. I can't get my foot on the peg because my heal does not go back fare enough. It looks like I may have to take the metal sheeting off the heal plate but I would rather get one that works. Any help?

Old 09-24-2002, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer

hey there,
glad they fit. now as for the heel kick could you get a measurement for me from the back of the foot peg stright back to the heel kick? then let me know how much more you would like to have there for clearance.
thanx!

Old 09-25-2002, 09:53 AM
Range Rover

I too have kept quiet on this forum since I vented on another but I agree. AC makes a nice product and although some of the drilling and modding should be done before the end user gets their hands on it, the fact that hardware is missing is a load of crap. I have an AC bumper, AC skid, AC belly plate and AC nerfs. Something was missing from all but the bumper (I used the stock bolts). I and only 32 yrs old and own a very successful manufacturing and supply business. We know all to well that you can do 100 things right for a customer but when you screw up once, it deminishes your perceived ability to properly service. The fact that many people are complaining about the same issue is a sure fire warning that AC lacks QC. If I ever got a call from one person that something on a shipment was missing, we would go out of our way to make it right. Not just sit around and say sorry and tell them we are trying to improve. Not to mention, someone would get my foot in their butt. We have a saying around out office, it goes "We are first a service oriented business and second a supply business." I hope AC gets it together. I have owned 23 atv's since 1982 and have had AC products on a lot of them. They make a great product and I plan on having AC on future quads as well. Send me some stickers and we will call it a day.

Old 09-25-2002, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer

I have 3 inch from the back of the peg to the heel kick. The heel on my boot is 3.5 inches so you can see there this could be a problem. I would say 4 to 4.5 inch would be good the more the better. I have a race this Sunday what should I do with the one I have? Can I take the metal sheeting off of it so I will have enough room? Thanks! I don't know what everyone is taking about I like your produce and will be getting an AC bumper when I get some more $$.

Old 09-26-2002, 12:33 AM
Trailblazer

hey warrior1,
i dont recomend removing the aluminum sheet off the heel kick just for the safty thing. i measured the patterns at work they came out to almost 4 "s. i am looking into what i can do to give some more room. i will try and get some thing done by the end of the week. i'll pm you on the details.
this is what i was looking for here, some feed back in helping better our stuff. i was hoping that the kid who started this thread would have come by to give me some ideas but he never showed up. since i have only limited access to a z, so far only to bolt stuff onto. i haven't got any real good feed back on the actual working parts. in the past when racing was a big thing out here i always had some racer to work with.
i have been working with the guys from ims on there heel kicks which i am starting to incorperate into our stuff. thats been a big help. my guy who writes the programs for the machines is getting to hate me with all the changes i keep making.

freakystone,
when its all said and done at least i have come here to see if i could help and get feed back. lets see graydone, white brothers or any of the other companys take the time to do this! stickers arn't a problem. just e-mail us at sales@acracing.com

Old 09-26-2002, 12:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am getting used to rewriting the programs a few times.

freakystone
when you contact us if you get a hold of myself or chris we try to ship replacement parts AT NO COST to you that day.

Old 09-26-2002, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer

Hey, I only measured 3". If you are looking for some help send me your # and I will give you a call (imbntly@cs.com). I had couple of little problem but nothing I could not fix. If you have one that is 4" that would be great. I can send the one I got back to you. But being only 3" makes it hard to ride. Thanks for the help and your time that you have put in to make your product the best!!

Old 09-26-2002, 05:45 PM
Trailblazer

i'll pm you with my info

Old 10-04-2002, 09:01 AM
Trailblazer

I took the heel plates off. Can I send them back to you and can you send me a new one. I need the address.

Quick Reply: AC Pro Pegs Blow