Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Thumbs down on Chevy

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thumbs down on Chevy

I have to say that this sounds like a lemon. There are attorney's that specialize in dealing with Lemon's, and they're very cheap. In fact, they'll do it on contingency, which means you pay nothing out of your pocket until a settlement is reached. A friend of mine is going through this with Ford now. As aggrevating as this probably is, I'll tell you that all manufacturers have their problems, and if you really think about how many things can go wrong with the thousands of parts that go in to making these things, it's not a wonder that every so often a real bad one gets through the cracks.

I switched to Dodge from Chevy, but it was because Dodge offers a 70k mi warranty, kuddo's to them. Chevy and Ford should back their products up in the same way.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

I wouldn't condemn any auto maker bases on the occasional crappy vehicle they produce. I own an automotive business and I have seen all the brands, including the jap imports, have unbelievable problems. The two brands that people have stuck in there head as ‘dead reliable, never have any problems’ are Toyota and Honda. I see plenty of low mileage Toyotas and Hondas needing repeated major repairs, and it doesn’t mean anything. Do Honda’s suck because I’ve seen a few with bad valve guides at 60,000mi, no. That’s not the norm for Hondas and it’s not the norm for full size Chevy trucks to have any real problems for the first 100,000 miles. I’ve got horror stories for every brand you can name, including Ford, Chevy and Dodge.

Not that it means anything but I’ve got on 2002 Silverado with 75,000mi, not one problem in the trucks whole life. I’ve got a 1990 Chevy truck that went 180,000 with only minor problems before the auto trans went out. With a rebuilt trans went to 240,000 before the motor went.

Old 04-19-2005, 05:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well I'll let you all know if the 05 Chevy 2500HD still have the problems of old. I just picked one up on Saturday for a steel $32500 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . I got it with the Duramax 6.6L and Allison. I will not be putting a lot of mile on it except for the weekend trips with the quads. I hope that I will not have any problems but if I do you peps will be the second to know. The first will be anyone around when it goes bad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Tony

Old 05-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

800 clams for a fuel pump. The plant in PA. is closing up due to high operating costs...Move to Mexico and the pumps still cost 800 clams. Sucks!!!

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
this ISN"T the diesel is it? i always thot GM built a pretty bullet-proof drive-train, it's everything around it that falls apart and drives ya nuts. how about my '97 GMC with the 4.3 L... $800 for a fuel pump!! (NO labor, just the part). The glove box latch...just the little squeeze latch...$140!! ANd i've had tons of other problems (especially with the Dexcool that's supposed to last to 100K....... but was giving me major coolant problems from 75k onward; heater core, water pump, intake manifold gasket, 3 different hoses). The goofy thing is, that motor and tranny will prolly reach 300,000 miles without doing anything to it.

you must have got a Friday before a long weekend truck, or built on a Tuesday after labor day weekend...or however those urban legends go. I think Ford, GM and Dodge all have their lemons in even their best designs. It's how they deal with it after that really counts, and for such big, huge, rich companies, they're amazingly rotten and cheap to deal with.WHat about the lemon laws in your state? Do you have an option to replace after so many problems?