Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

trailer generators

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailer generators

Im looking for info on what electric start generator to get for my trailer . It has indoor lighting and recepticles. Also 2 500 watt outside light . Im looking for a very quiet generator 800.00 or less if possible . I hear home depot has a ok one for 725.00??

Old 03-03-2005, 02:43 AM
Quad Patrol

If you are looking for a "very quiet generator" you need to stay away from Home Depot, Costco, or any other brand of generator. They are very noisy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] You need a Honda generator. Problem is, for the price you want to spend, you'll need to look for used ones.

Old 03-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

I agree ... Honda is your only choice for quite ... i have an colman 5000 watt for backup at the house ... BUT WOW ... my airplane is quiter.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

honda all the way,,,,,,,,welll,,,or yamaha or Robin

purchasing a honda eu3000is in days,,,cant wait[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

the hondas are exremely quiet, but along the same lines are the yamahas. as far as in trailer gennys, i have a generac guardian 40g that is pretty quiet, and runs all my stuff in my toy hauler...i dont know what the price on them is though.....

Old 03-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: learnenem
the hondas are exremely quiet, but along the same lines are the yamahas. as far as in trailer gennys, i have a generac guardian 40g that is pretty quiet, and runs all my stuff in my toy hauler...i dont know what the price on them is though.....
They sell for roughly $1,700 and up. Did you ever get your oil drain situation fixed?

Old 03-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Trailblazer

whats up ds engineer???

yep, under warranty work, the guys at Stiers took a sawzall to an insignificant part of the frame, and now i have a place to put the allen wrench!!!

i questioned them about the frame thing, and eclipse gave me a lifetime warranty on the frame because of it.....

gonna install a fram sure drain, like i have on my front tank on my DS, to make it even eaiser....

Old 03-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

As everyone else said, those HD, Costco, etc. generators are LOUD. They are commercial (think construction site) generators. They are designed to make power cheaply when noise isn't a consideration (other than any Federal EPA noise requirements). The only way those are quite would be to compare it to the Miller Bobcat 8000watt gen/welder we have at work. Now that thing is LOUD. Everything after that is quiet...

The Honda and Yamaha inverter/generators are the mark of quiet and good power. But be prepared...smooth, squiet power isn't cheap. Even the quiet Onan's in the RVs can be loud in comparrison.

mstrquad puts his genny in his truck with the tailgate open and the camper shell door down and that makes it better, till you walk over there.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bing
honda all the way,,,,,,,,welll,,,or yamaha or Robin

purchasing a honda eu3000is in days,,,cant wait[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
That Honda 3000 is UNBELIEVABLY quiet. I was actually shocked as I was walking past a friends truck and heard a humming sound. IT WAS HIS GENERATOR!!!!! I didn't even hear it until I was next to it....

Thats my next purchase....without a doubt....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2005, 03:02 AM
Quad Patrol

I agree, the Yamaha generators are very quiet too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Just isn't going to run all the electrical crap[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] the wife and daughters want to bring[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] For built-ins on a trailer, definately go with a Onan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] had a 4000 on our old motorhome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and that thing was great[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: trailer generators