Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Enclosed trailers

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enclosed trailers

Hey guys was wondering what size trailer I would need to fit 4 quads 2 trailbosses and 2 scramblers could ya get a way with a 14 ft V nose?

Old 03-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't see how if you're going to keep your stuff nice! I have a 7x16 V nose and I have Two Yamahas that sit just right in there. There's not much room left for more machines.

Old 03-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the trailer is wide enough, you could put them in side by side, or crosswise in the trailer. I think 14ft is to short though, you are likely looking at something 8'x18'or 20'

Old 03-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

It all depends on the trailer style. If you get one that is 8.5' wide, and the wheels are underneath the deck with no fender protrusions or any fold up beds on the side walls, you can get away with an 18 footer no problem, and still have room up front for gear etc. But if you get one that has wheels that protrude into the trailer bed, then you are going to be limited to nose to tail configurations without really manhandling them to get the machines turned sideways. I have seen people stand them up on their tails inside the trailer.. but I am not sure of that with oil & gas running all over and the weight distibution has got to be way off that way...

Old 04-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

I can squeeze 4 atv's in my 21 foot enclosed trailer but its hard as hell. Of course I got full cabinets up front too. If I didn't have those I would definately be able to fit 4 quads and some dirtbikes with no prob. You are probably lookin for a trailer maybe 18ft or bigger.

Old 08-19-2005, 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

hello, i see your from ny im from massachusetts and was looking into an enclosed trailer for my four wheeler because i dont have a agarage. do the enclosed trailers keep your quad from rusting?

Old 08-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Pete! New york winters are pretty hairy lately. The enclosed trailer works out great! I keep them clean and I hit them with some WD 40 when storing them. I usually set them up with the plows right in the trailer after hunting season. When it snows, I just drive them right out and start plowing. I get back in their as soon as it starts warming up to open up the vents and to hit them with some fresh WD 40. Its better then a shed since you need a trailer to travel in most cases. This way you are all ready to roll at a moments notice. Good Luck!

Old 08-20-2005, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: peterlocal22
hello, i see your from ny im from massachusetts and was looking into an enclosed trailer for my four wheeler because i dont have a agarage. do the enclosed trailers keep your quad from rusting?
I keep mine in the trailer all the time just make shure that it is well vented.

Old 08-20-2005, 03:19 AM
Eternal Rider
Building A Runway To Hell & Back!
The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul. ~Walter Raleigh

I have an 8.5'x16' v-nose trailer . You can fit 3 full size rides in there sideways , and stuff a mini in front of those . It is very tight with that , and doesn't allow room for much else . I tried it when the trailer was new and empty . Although the way it is set up now with tool chest , a couple sets of rims and tires , heater , camping gear , 2 quads , and the rest of my necessary equipment , there is not much room for anything else . If your lookin' to buy , determine what you think you will need for room and add another 4 feet to that . They tend to fill up fast !![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-21-2005, 02:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would recommend a snowmobile style trailer........ AKA Quadcycle trailer for us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
There are no wheelwells (huge bonus, trust me), and the convenience of a front ramp to load/unload is great.
You can put full size quads side by side in the 102" models.
I have the 25' model, and I can fit 6 full size quads in there side by side, nose to butt.
With the heavier quads like yours, you don't want to turn them sideways, pain in the rear.

The v-nose on the snow trailers is 4 feet, so add 4 feet to whatever size you need.

for 4 full size quads, you will need about 14 feet to fit them comfortably, so that means a 18' snowmobile trailer would work. You would then have the floor space in the V-nose part to put stuff.
Shelving is really easy to put up aslo for storage of riding gear etc.
I'll have some more pics up soon of the progress on mine, so far it is working our great.

Good Luck