Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Aluminum Pickup Box Cover - Who makes these?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Aluminum Pickup Box Cover - Who makes these?

I believe I saw a test of a folding aluminum cover, 3 piece, which is claimed to be strong enough to haul ATV's on top of the cover. I can't find any info on this unit. Does anyone have any info?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for a good bedcover, let me know. My Access cover velcro keeps failing and I'm tired of the soft cover because looking for more security. I do need a cover that is easy to remove and I don't care for the roll-up covers (at least not till I exhaust all other possibilities.

Ultimately, I would like a camper shell, but the thought of removing it to haul an ATV or dirt bike doesn't thrill me.

Jim

Old 06-27-2005, 01:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try looking in back issues of dirtwheels magazines or check there website????look in other atv magazines 2?i hope this helps.

Old 06-27-2005, 01:36 AM
Trailblazer

infact i believe dirtwheels did a short paragragh on it,it was eatehr in the over the bars sections or hot setup section,infact it didnt hold 3 but only 2 atvs though,i have a huge pile of dirtwheels magazines here,if i find it i will pas sit along to u ok cant promise nothing though,ok

Old 06-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks. The cover I saw had 3 sections, but was claiming the ability to haul 2 ATVs.

Old 06-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Range Rover

I just ordered a cover from "www.peragon.com" for my truck. It will not hold any ATV's on it, but it is lockable and/or easily removed to carry ATVin bed.

Old 06-28-2005, 01:45 AM
Quad Patrol

I know exactly what you are talking about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Saw a broshure on it last week at a local truck dealer. I'll try and see if I can get a website from them. Right now, I don't remember the name of who made it either. It was pretty sweet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2005, 02:39 AM
Quad Patrol

Found it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Here you go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] It's made by diamond back truck covers

Old 06-28-2005, 02:44 AM
Quad Patrol

Uncle, I like that paragon folding cover[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm thinking about getting a 5th wheel. Which means I need to get rid of my camper shell. Other sliding covers take up about 8-10 inches of bed room[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I see this one folds up flat against the bed wall[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Rescue - Thanks. That might be the same company but I don't recall for sure. I know the cover I saw was a flip fold type cover, 3 section with each section the same size and the sections were connected by piano type hinges with a rubber seal between sections. The edges were square rather than tapered and underneath was a 1" tubular aluminum frame.

Diamondbak may be the company and this may be an improved version.

The other cover mentioned by Uncle is interesting too. Uncle, let us know how it works.

Old 06-29-2005, 01:01 AM
Quad Patrol

MrSummit, your very welcome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I like that Paragon too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Don't think they would support 2 quads though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Aluminum Pickup Box Cover - Who makes these?