Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Buying a new car or truck........

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a new car or truck........

you should look at the gmc/chev pickups in the 90's (1990-1999) they are great trucks, look nice and there engines are pretty good i'd get a newer one though because of the rust and millage and do not get a lease my dad is a mechanic and first thing he told me is to never get a lease when you return the truck and theres a scratch you got to paint the whole thing its just not worth it and like Z250kid said you don't even get to keep the vehicle

Old 02-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im with everyone else.
YOU WILL buy a TRUCK.
Your dad may not act it now but, He will get pissed every time you ask for his.
Plus ask your self, Why your dad has one?
It,s not to let you drive it around with your Quad in the back.
It,s to do everything else a man has to do around the house and at work.
Plus you being at a young age, you would be prone to racing around and may have a wreck(Dont say you won,t, Ive been there and so has your Dad and everyone else on this site) And a Truck can take a hit more than a small car. Not to say all the things you can haul with a truck and the places you can go where as a car can,t.
Trust me on this one, I have a daughter with a Warrior who wrecked 5, 1 was my Blazer,3 was trucks she owned and one Mustang GT also she owned. The Mustang got it the worst.
Its a wonder that she still has insurance which is another point. Insurance is cheaper with a truck than a small sports car.
I can go on but do yourself a favor and for everyone else, Buy a truck.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

Wrecks really do suck. My parents always told me that they weren't worried about my driving, it was the other people and on the Tuesday after Labor Day I found out why. Me and my little brother were on our way to school and a little Toyota truck came around a corner partially on my side of the road. He went all the way down the side of my truck, spun sideways, and then got t-boned by the car following me. All 3 vehicles were totalled but my Chevy came out the best by far. The other guy's truck actually snapped in half when they were putting it on the flatbed and the car didn't have much of an engine compartment left. So in no way was the wreck my fault. It was some idiot driving too fast, and I'm sure he's not the only one out there!

Old 02-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Check the reliability of Mistu's, not good. Not a Chevy guy at all but this time I'd say buy one.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider
Buy it now, explain it to the wife later!

Well just to let all of you who posted here know, I ended up picking up my new ride Saturday. Ended up going with neither one of the two, Instead I got a Mazda 6 Grand Sport which, is a pretty sweet car and its american (made by ford). Its a sweet car over all very sporty and fast so I mite race it in the stock class for a while but, not sure yet

Old 02-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Excellent choice!

I can honestly say I've never bought a foreign make car.

As someone just getting out of high school this will become very important to you (a lot more than me) in the years ahead as you look for a job.

Congrats.