Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Double as tent trailer Quad hauler.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double as tent trailer Quad hauler.

Cool. Sounds like it is working out pretty well.

I've actually been thinking about a Mr. Heater as a supplemental heat source in my toyhauler. The furnace in a regular RV will draw down a pair of batteries in a few days in cold temps...

Old 11-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I used to have the coleman lantern (using bottles), the coleman stove (gas), and no heater.
Now that I bought the Mr. Heater, I converted to a large propane tank with distribution tree. I put my lantern on top of the tree (screws right on), bought a coleman propane stove which I hook to the distribution tree, and I have a 12' hose to run inside the tent to the Mr. Heater. It works really nice having everything using the same fuel, don't have to mess with the bottles, and don't have to keep pumping the damn stove all the time. I did notice that with the propane tank, it was a little more difficult to light the lantern and stove. With the bottle and the lantern, it would light on second try every time. Now it takes three of four trys. The large propane tank must have a slightly different fuel than the bottled stuff. I love being all propane, with only one tank to worry about.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, I have a setup like that, only with a little barbecue (great for no dishes meals, and no heat inside the toyhauler during the summer). When first hooked up, it takes a minute to purge air out of the line.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Range Rover

Heaters like the Mr Heater Buddy do not give off carbon monoxide (CO). I have checked mine with a multi gas detector which is capable of checking CO, H2S, 02, and flammables. This also assumes the flame is burning correctly. If you have a nice blue flame you will be fine. If your flame is orange, you have an issue and could be emitting CO. The big issue is that they consume oxygen in the room. In the case of tents or tent trailers, this will never be an issue. If using these in an enclosed room, trailer, you may want to crack a window just to be safe.