Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

i want too tow 2 quads

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i want too tow 2 quads

ok i figured if i got 2 blaster at a combined weight of 650 pounds. I drive a saab 9-3 with a tow rating of 2000 lbs. i hear that with out trailer brakes i can tow a 1000 lbs. how much does ...say a 6- 10 trailer weigh. just the trailer. . if i can't tow 2 quads and just one i'll get a 5x8. anyone with any information or comments is would be helpfull.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A simple single axle trailer in that size is only going to weigh 400 to 500 pounds at most. You could cut that down by getting an aluminum trailer. In reality, I think you could tow two blasters with your Saab but you would be near the limits of what it could pull. Don't forget to add in all the weight of people and gear - your 2000 pound tow rating is probably figured with only a driver on board.

Jaybee

Old 09-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

ty u for ur reply jaybee. i searched in google for 2 hrs last night loooking to see how much a trailer will weigh. and not one place could tell ya. its crazy. I know if i had a pickup or an suv it would'nt matter to much. but being as its just a saab 9-3 i want to be careful.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

For comparison, I have a heavier built (not a mass retailer) 4x8 trailer with expanded metal floor and an expanded metal shorter gate that weighs just under 500lbs.

Not that you asked, but I suggest you try to get a trailer with larger (13 - 15 inch) wheels. Those little doughnuts they put on some lighter trailers would scare me on a highway trip.

GC

Old 09-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

ya i'm trying to get as light as possible. I'm thinking i'm only going to be able to pull one quad. the wifey will want one as well but its a saab 9-3. not a pickup or suv. so instead of getting a sport quad like i want i'm going to have to get a utility quad 2x4. hopfully the ozark. i hear, and read its number one in its class and weighs 403 lbs

Old 09-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Range Rover

I would probly say find a 2 place snowmobile trailer. They are light, easy to pull, and have a tilt bed for easy load and unload. This is what I do for my car that has a 2000 lbs tow rating. My trailer and 2 quads wiegh in at just over 1200 lbs. Which leaves me a bit of room for my gear and stuff. You probly are not going to find a trailer that is going to be lighter than a snowmobile trailer. i will post some links so you can get an idea of what I am talking about...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Snowm...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Newma...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALUMI...QQcmdZViewItem

Those are all on ebay, which if you narrow down your search for your area, you probly can find something in a affordable price range and what not. I love the snowmobile trailer behind a car. Makes for a lower profile driving down the interstate which will make your car make controlable and easier/freindlier to drive. And you can also attach loops to the side for tie down spots and if you want, wooden wall systems. That way when the wife wants to go to Home Depot, you will have something to carry all that stuff home with without getting dirt and all that all over the inside of your car.

Old 09-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

ty u very much i will look into that.

Trending Topics

Old 09-19-2006, 01:12 AM
Range Rover

Okay, I don't know a thing about Saab cars, but if you're going to be pushing the max tow rating for your vehicle, spend the money to have a transmission cooler installed on your car. If it's an automatic, your car is going to be shifting a lot and heating up. The cooler will definitely be cheaper than a new transmission.

toe

Old 09-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: toehanus
Okay, I don't know a thing about Saab cars, but if you're going to be pushing the max tow rating for your vehicle, spend the money to have a transmission cooler installed on your car. If it's an automatic, your car is going to be shifting a lot and heating up. The cooler will definitely be cheaper than a new transmission.

toe
100% agreement there...
I also fixed the links above.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:17 AM
Trailblazer

For many years I pulled 2 banshees on a Karavan 2 place snomobile trailer with a 1994 dodge shadow, 4cyl I still use it to pull my quad to the local track. I never had any problems at all.

Quick Reply: i want too tow 2 quads