Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 04:26 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Confused, I wasn't offended myself, But, I felt it had crossed the line. I know no offense was intended. Your right, jibnjab is good clean fun. Once in awhile, my daughters will come over and see what I'm doing. Plus, if any of these young studs(no, not you WW) saw it, then they would feel it was ok to talk about those non-atv items[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anyways, That does sound like a good buy. Sounds like you need to take the carb off, give it a good cleaning along with draining the tank.
I just bought 2 "new" front shocks from Steve55, who is on the forum. Can't wait to get them. Now I will have Work shocks all the way around[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2004, 04:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wondered if carb needs cleaning, valve adjustment? plug? guess I'll check it all. how come my used stuff is always cherry and exactly what I describe to the buyer, but i always purchase from exaggerating morons that don't know anything about what they're selling?

Old 07-30-2004, 05:02 AM
Quad Patrol

That's where I would start, the carbs. Should be a nice bike for jr. Unfortunately, the good guys get boned when it comes to buying things. Actually, I've been pretty lucky(knock on wood, where's WW when you need him[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) Anyways, Out of the used stuff I've bought, only the Polaris needed some TLC. Other then that, we've been lucky.

Old 07-30-2004, 05:28 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Wow...ok, I guess I missed whatever the dentist remark was before. I know I was confused earlier today.

If I ever step out of line, don't be afraid to bop me one. I need it sometimes.

40 minutes to drive to Bass? WTHeck? Can't you get it out of 3rd gear? Must have been woke up, got dressed and what not. Maybe filled up with gas or something also. We gotta take it out one time though...wait...2-stroke...how small is this thing? Have to get the cabin again. Gotta love the fringe bennies.

I've never done the eBay thing. Too scared I'm gonna get ripped off. Someone told me to look for paddles...they cost about $20 cheaper than new from Rocky Mountain....no thanks. I'll get something I know is good. Had a local guy get ripped off. Bought pipes for his silencer. The seller said they were USFS approved...NOPE. He wasn't happy.

Well, this is probably my last post until Sunday night. Heading to Pismo this weekend. I expect a couple pages of ragging on each other when I get back. Feel free to rag on me as well. Maybe I'll post up my ugly mug so you guys can rag on me too. [ed.] Posted 1:28am or so. You'll have to wait for some night owl to approve it.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-30-2004, 06:10 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Well, this is probably my last post until Sunday night. Heading to Pismo this weekend. I expect a couple pages of ragging on each other when I get back. Feel free to rag on me as well. Maybe I'll post up my ugly mug so you guys can rag on me too. [ed.] Posted 1:28am or so. You'll have to wait for some night owl to approve it.
There really is a red headed step child[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I guess I'm the night owl tonight. Actually at B&R's request, I stayed up later then I wanted, to approve him mug shot. Not bad, at least he looks respectable. But, there are no sheeps in the background[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

How does it feel guys to have your own moderator at your calling[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]LOL Lt. Dan

Old 07-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Wow...ok, I guess I missed whatever the dentist remark was before. I know I was confused earlier today.If I ever step out of line, don't be afraid to bop me one. I need it sometimes.40 minutes to drive to Bass? WTHeck? Can't you get it out of 3rd gear? Must have been woke up, got dressed and what not. Maybe filled up with gas or something also. We gotta take it out one time though...wait...2-stroke...how small is this thing? Have to get the cabin again. Gotta love the fringe bennies.I've never done the eBay thing. Too scared I'm gonna get ripped off. Someone told me to look for paddles...they cost about $20 cheaper than new from Rocky Mountain....no thanks. I'll get something I know is good. Had a local guy get ripped off. Bought pipes for his silencer. The seller said they were USFS approved...NOPE. He wasn't happy.Well, this is probably my last post until Sunday night. Heading to Pismo this weekend. I expect a couple pages of ragging on each other when I get back. Feel free to rag on me as well. Maybe I'll post up my ugly mug so you guys can rag on me too. [ed.] Posted 1:28am or so. You'll have to wait for some night owl to approve it.
ahhha Yeah.. Its about 30-35 mins to the boat ramp.. The ramp is next to the dam.. Yeah, we gotta go cruise teh lake sometime.. Its an 18ft bass boat with a 50hp merc... Its rated for 5 people but i had 7 in it one time..

Old 07-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

Confused,
I sent ya a PM. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] AKA: Love note.

Hey ya'll, didn't mean to offend anyone. I hope I can still be in the " Ford Boy's Club / Forda Beta Kappa". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Good to hear that confused went and spent some $$$$ yesterday. Now we know who makes the big $$$$$. Do they pay you in pesos in Canada or just beer?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Sounds like you need to clean the carb. Heck, I had a carb tore apart on Wednesday night. I'm still waiting for parts on my 400 carb. Now I just noticed a CV boot has torn and a rear suspension bolt is shorn off.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] No rest for the wicked.

Took my kiddies swimming last night. I wore a speedo and floaties.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The mother's (and my wife) had to put thier hands over all the children's eyes. j/k. Actually, I did the bikini wax so everything was okay.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Sucks to be Powerstroke01....No key=no fun.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

And B&R, for God's sake, put a bag over that head. You don't actually go out in public do you? j/k[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

good one ww, "ford beta kappa". no, we get paid in BC bud ( i keep telling ya). seriously, our dollar got so low we were calling it the Cdn peso. now it's a little better. I usually multiply the US cost by 38% and it's pretty close. now listen you stubborn @#&*#* !! think about it. where can you ride or do just about anything you want and get 38% more or your money?? C'mon up, but bring your summer parkas. we have it all for outdoor rec.

I'd like to know the spec on the air mixture screw, 1 1/2 turns or what?? what's a good dirtbike forum for info?? maybe I can make some new friends where Canadians are respected and their witty humor is appreciated (okay, vulgar humor)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] sniff...,sniff, waaaaa, you guys don't love me anymore.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

ww, you're really scaring me...not cuz you're a big dude who works out a lot... cuz of that speedo comment. that better have been a joke. I'm envisioning one of the village people biker guys in a leather-clad guay bar. I'll stop cuz i see I'm headed for trouble here.

Old 07-31-2004, 03:25 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, I hope he was joking on the speedo outfit. Somethings are better to be quiet about and that was one of them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]And quit your whining, you sound like my 8 year old throwing a fit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]except you have an canadian accent[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Why don't you pose (not you WW in that speedo)your question here in this forum? I am sure someone will step up and help you out. Just don't let them know your a canadian[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]And you are scaring me, talking about the Village People, pretty soon you will have "YMCA" on your mind with WW dancing around with his infamous Speedo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Both of you are having carb problems[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hope it's not contagious. Right now, all my quads are running good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Only thing I need to do is replace the tires on the 70.

I was going to try and meet up with B&R at Pismo tomorrow. But, didn't get enough done today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, tomorrow I plan on finishing my BBQ. need to build 2 drawers. Then it's off to find my garage floor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2004, 03:56 AM
Pro Rider

eh? what accent? and where are the bbq pics? sounds like you'll be able to roast a whole pig on this unit (no, not me or ww).

I'll try the honda forum.

ww's village people thing was only a vague image. unfortunately, you've removed all doubt with your avatar, and burnt a cruel and permanent village people image on my mind. i think you cut and pasted it from one of your stashed LP's you're saving.....but don't want the kids to see[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel