Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 05:36 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

BlackandRed, is Little Nellie Falls on the Mariposa or Coulterville side of Yosemite? Sounds like the poker run will be fun. I'll try to attend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Ants aren't as dumb as you think. If, they don't eat the stuff, maybe we should follow the warning label on the cans[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]Just kidding, could get hit walking across the street tomorrow[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
It wasn't you on the SCBA, it was Mr. Hepa, thanks Confused, for setting me straight and letting me know, I am no Shirlock Holmes but, more like Barney Fife. Well, at least Thelma was one hot woman[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2004, 05:53 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rig ran great. with my 450, Jr.'s raptor 80 and the weight of my deck, I figure i had easily over 1000lbs. pulled the coquihalla Hwy at 80MPH (but if I'm on record, it was 70MPH.... that's the speed limit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ), and the grades and length of hill are very steep/long (up to 8% for several miles). Lots of people overheat on it. tow trucks are ALWAYS waiting at various stages along the grade, like the vultures they are. ** Side-track: Our worst tow-truck story was in central/northern California. Me and a buddy took a road trip in a fully restored (by my dad) 1964 Galaxie 500 convertible. We got a flat tire (dad cheaped out on the tires). The jack-all style jack was rusted and wouldn't lift car. Hwy. Patrol stopped but wouldn't let us use their jack because , in the words of the officer, "we only have a special issue jack designed for these police vehicles"... BS! I understand police don't have time for that crap, but don't lie, just say we've got more important matters to deal with. Anyways, calls out a tow truck. Buddy asks him if he wants it in neutral or park. tow guy says leave it in park. He lifts front and we re&re tire, which already had lugs loosened before truck came. Lets down veh, and because of convertible with no roof structure to help support weight, the car flexed and broke a pin in the tranny. when we shifted to 'D' we were in reverse, 2nd was 1st, etc. THEN, he charges $80US=110 Cdn. Ridiculous. If you break down on the freeway here, the police call a reputable tow company, and you might pay $35 US to have car towed to a shop.

Angle of ramp looks worse than it is. my 9 y/o loves driving up. I usually back on from home, cuz i'm never sure what the unload will be like, but going downhill/off is easy.

better photos will follow of rig/kids, and get me outta the prison gear. thanks, it is quite nice in that area. I guess there is some benefit to living in a 8-9 month rainforest.

Old 07-19-2004, 05:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Barney Fife...LMAO. we're a post behind. okay, i was falling asleep at the keyboard. still exhausted from party for Jr. on Sat, so we'll chat tomorrow when I get my photos in order. BTW, notice all the ugly mug pics? no hiding behind the mask.

Old 07-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Coulterville side. It's actually along Old Coultervill-Yosemite Rd. or something like that. We camp around the beginning (west end) of 2S02 (If I remember correctly in my old age. Working on the last 2 days of 27. Someone just put me out to pasture.) It's right past Greeley Hill. When I figure out where I set my GPS I'll send you some coordinates. My hard drive with my GPS stuff died yesterday....what a flippin weekend!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-20-2004, 07:24 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, I have no Laws of arrest outside the borders of this great country[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] 80mph going uphill, that's showing some serious power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Hhhaaa, tow trucks. You got a tow truck off of the "rotation sheet" We call in requesting one, (unless you have one you want us to contact)and they call the next one on the list. Out here, we have all kinds, of drivers. I can go on and on about how stupid they can be. But anyways, they passed a law few years back, tow trucks can no longer be on the prowl along the highways, looking for innocent victims of distress. SO, now, CHP (at least in my county) babysit vehicles on the side of the road. Unfortunatley, we don't loan out gear from our vehicles. Liability issues. You know, we have, per capita, the most attornies in the nation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Anyways, we don't loan out our gear. Now, on the other hand, I know, I have in the past (and chp officers I know) changed tires for people on the shoulders. Last flat I got was on the way to a call, all I hear is thump,thump thumping going down the road. I pull over in front of a house in the country. It's over 100 degrees and the last thing I want to do is change a tire[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Well, as I'm breaking out my laugh-a-jack and spare, A rancher pulls up with his fork lift, places the forks under the frame and lifts the tire of the ground for me. He then changes the tire for me and I'm on my way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It was almost as fast as a NASCAR pit stop[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That was pretty cool. I've had people in the past drive by and flip me off, while changing flat tires before[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anyways, sorry to hear about your bad experience in Central Ca.
I'll try and get better/up to date photos in the some what near future. And about hiding behind a mask, remember, I'm the Lone Ranger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]:

Old 07-20-2004, 07:35 AM
Quad Patrol

BlackandRed, Cool that's even closer to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm not familiar with the Old Yosemite Rd. But, my sister in law's dad owns property around Greely Hill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] when I talked to him last, we were talking about riding areas near him. Might see him this week, I'll ask him if he's familiar with 2S02? I think I have a map of that area. I'll try to find it and check it out. I actually know how to use lat and long so, if you can send me the coordinates, that would be great. I can always use the maps at my wifes work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Too bad on your hard drive, hope your weekend went better. later guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Lt. Dan

Old 07-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Air Cooled Rider

Rescue, basic vicinity is East of 49, North of 140, West of Yosemite and South of 120. Groveland Ranger District, Stanislaus N.F.

I mistyped earlier. It's 2S01. We camp right along Bull Creek Rd. at 2S14.

I'll shoot you a PM of a link on Mapquest showing the area.

Old 07-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

my boss has a f-250 long cab 7.3 and a brand new extended cab 350 6.0. diffently go with 6.0 it hauls a$$

Old 07-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Air Cooled Rider

ozark...we left the subject about 10 pages ago. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])

Old 07-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
ozark...we left the subject about 10 pages ago. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])
LOL, it was something like that, wasn't it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I got your PM and replied back. Have a list of honey does[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'll get back later. Lt. Dan
I think this is my shortest post on here in awhile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] LOL

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel