Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

700 Prairie or Vinson

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 Prairie or Vinson

Well My pick is the 700 kawi If you want to deal with a suzuki dealer the Twin peak is close, (that's the 700 with Suzuki on it). Diffferences are Diffi Lock, Rear Brake is far better on the kawi, Auto compared, pick auto or manual. The 500 vini is much better on gas. The ride is better on the kawi but the Vinnie isn't bad. The 700 kills in the tight trail compared to the Vinnie on my POV. The gear shifter on the vinnie can freeze and some people are having problems... not all but some.. the Kawi one is bullet proof after adjustments. The power goes strait to the 700 but the Vinnie is still fast enough to run with a 700 on average. The vinnnie requires a front bumper to protect the plastic front end, (there's cheap metal on the front end of the 700 but it's better than the plastic). The seat is softer on the vinnie and wider. Personnelly the Kawi is reliable enough ( I don't know how the vinnie is standing up... But I would say the same for Vinnie). The 700 Kawi prob will have more aftermarket parts than the Vinnie. Both have factory extended warrenties available. Suzuki factory tires are better but that's a non issue.

Old 01-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

I looked at all the machine and went with the Prairie (650 in my case).
It is pretty good in tight areas and I have yet to have a problem with any state or Federal trails. As for the pickup stuff, heck I hauled mine in the back of a Toyota Tacoma with a over the rail tool box install so I really dont thing you should worry all that much. The overall length on the quads is not a massive difference and other factors come into play for how it fits in the truck- front/rear overhang, etc...
Both bikes are good machines from what I know. Praire has a little up keep just like all belt drives but nothing major.
Good luck and try to ride them both so you have a better idea what you are looking at.

Old 01-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer

That is like comparing a corrvet to a VW. All who wants a VW over a vet, please come to the front. I priced the suzuki before I bought my prairie 700 and the difference was $100.00. The P700 MSRP is $7099.00 and the Vinson MSRP is $6999.00. The suzuki dealer gave me an ou the door price of $6400.00 and the Kawasaki dealer gave me an out the door price of $6499.00. I didn't even have to think about it (all thought I knew I was going to go for the best.....700P).

Old 02-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

I have both an '03 Vinson Auto, and an '03 Prairie 650. They are both great quads. The Vinson gets better mpg (which can be a factor on long rides). I also find that it has a more comfortable seat and I greatly prefer it's footpeg/ floor board arrangement. I also think that it has better lighting (handlebar mounted head light) and better 2/4wd engagement. The Prairie takes several feet to engage, the Vinson engages almost instantaneously. The Vinson's steering is also lighter (read.. less fatiguing). Those are the advantages of the Vinson. That said... The Vinson is my wife's and I take the Prairie every time! Here is why.... Locking front differential, much more power and power comes on much more quickly. Much funner on the trails as it is easy to get the back end out on fast trails. Much more rugged front bumper. Many more modifications available for it. Will go through snow and mud that the Vinson only wishes it could go through. Jumps better than the Vinson. Also, the engine is smoother than the Vinson's. There is a noticeable difference in the vibration that you feel through the handlebars. It is definetely noticeable during long rides.
One other thing - Don't worry about how it fits in your truck. They are both w/in an inch, or so, of each other in overall length and width. If the Prairie won't fit in your truck, or trailer.... Odds are the Vinson won't either.
Regardless of which quad you get, they are both strong running machines and reliable.
Good luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]