Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Pictures Posted of New Stuff Yamaha Monster Bear

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 04:25 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures Posted of New Stuff Yamaha Monster Bear

Here is a couple of shots of the new tires, wheels and warn front bumper if you are interested. Sorry for the low light level. I had to find some shade because of the huge glare off the NEW SHINY WHEELS in the sun!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-29-2004, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice pics!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] tell us how the big bear turns them in the deep stuff

Old 12-29-2004, 04:17 AM
Pro Rider

Nice racks and use of ammo boxes.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

That is one sweet Big Bear! Do you have any motor mods/bolt ons?

Old 12-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

Looks good, I am supposed to be getting some of those ammo boxes today for my Bear. What did you use on your racks to bolt them down to?

Old 12-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Range Rover

thanks guys:

Kawasakirules: I tested the tires on Monday in the swamps of a east texas thicket and they performed very well with the little 386cc powerplant. I followed/passed my brothers 98 bigbear with my old stock tires/wheels. I noticed that the tires really dont spin that much and when it does the lugs act as paddles and just keep moving forward untill it grabs again. I'm sure if I worked hard enough on it I could get it stuck but if you take it easy and plow on through nice and smooth you take on anything. One bad thing is it is very wide and rooster tails of water and mud fly. But looks cool once you get on hard pack hit the gas and watch your tires clean itself chucking mud clods on your buddies. I'm glad I did not go with 28".

mrdumass: I have no intensions of doing any major performace mods. The ratio of cash you spend to gain nothing is to great. I will do a K&N airfilter, rejet and possibly the stealth exhaust later but thats it.

Lomax: I used good hardwood plywood and not the cheap stuff. I used 3-coats of paint so far. I drilled holes and used pop (big) rivets to secure down to racks. Use rubber gromets between the rack and wood to kill the vibration. Rivets Look way better than bolt heads sticking out. I used bolts and nuts/lock washers to secure the ammo boxes down. I did not rivet those as I can take them off easy if I want to and you cant see the bolts heads anyway.

Old 12-29-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

very nice bigbear!!!...my mudbugs are waitin up in my attic....i plan on bringing them down tomarrow...i love those ammo cans...i gotta save what you said and do that to mine...they look great and its a real good alternative for extra storage..plus you can get them cheap...hmm...we should keep in touch on our mods...theres not many people on here who have bigbears...its nice to see what other people are doing

Old 12-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

I think the combo of light tires and wheels plus the autoclutch 5 speed makes the big bear "get er dun"
Good looking rig.

Old 12-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

I just got my ammo boxes and have been coating them with beadliner matierial. I "obtained" a peice of ABS plastic from a boat dashboard manufature here in town and I am going to try to use that to mount them down, Great Idea with the pop rivets, I didnt think about that!!