Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

polaris 800 how much power can it have?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris 800 how much power can it have?

can the 800 EFI out run and outwork the King Quad 700, I was never interested in a polaris until I read about the 800. Someone tell me which would be my best purchase, I would like to know which of the two is the fastest, and the most powerful when pulling a load.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

More than anyone with good reason would need, but then who has that???

Old 01-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the 800 will deffenetly outwork any quad on the market exept maybe the prarie, but thats a solid axle. i donno if it will out run a KQ as i havent seen a drag of the 2, but my guess is that it would as it has 2 pistons instead of 1 mega piston and 80 some CC's more. i know for a fact that it will beat a Brute Force on pavement. but the 800 is a different beast on different terrains, on pavement, its unstoppable, sand, smaller machines will beat it, snow, great doughnut and fishtail machine, but lighter more agile machines would probebly get infront of it, mud, king of kings, overall work, unstoppable.

things that you can do to boost the power even further would be to:

--Buy K&N airfilter (adds about 8 MPH to the topend and alot more torque)
--Dyno-Jet PowerCommander EFI (not out yet but its suposed to throw the horsepower up into the 70's)
--Clutch kit (improves low end or top end, your preference)
--New Exaust (no one currently makes an exaust for the 800, but its very restrictive, so if someone would make one, theres alot of power to be made)

Old 01-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Trailblazer

" i know for a fact that it will beat a Brute Force on pavement. "

Thats new to me, i have heard the exact opposite....proof?

Old 01-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: spyder6

--Buy K&N airfilter (adds about 8 MPH to the topend and alot more torque)
--Dyno-Jet PowerCommander EFI (not out yet but its suposed to throw the horsepower up into the 70's)
--Clutch kit (improves low end or top end, your preference)
--New Exaust (no one currently makes an exaust for the 800, but its very restrictive, so if someone would make one, theres alot of power to be made)

LOL, an AIR FILTER adds 8 mph to your top end?? And the powercommander adds 20+ horsepower?? LOL now i know why you think your 800 will be beat a brute? Your crazy!!

Old 01-12-2005, 02:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider

You should talk to GE4x4, or read his review on them in the Polaris section. He has both quads and decided to use the SP800 over the KQ for his GNCC racing. He felt better on the SP800

Old 01-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kodiakguy
" i know for a fact that it will beat a Brute Force on pavement. "

Thats new to me, i have heard the exact opposite....proof?
News to me to. I seen both run on hard packed clay it 4wd (both had a little slippage but about the same) and the Brute was the clear winner.

Old 01-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the airfilter really does add about 8 mph top end, the paper filters that they use really suck
on the powercommander, i just posted on what i have read, dynojet hasnt relaced any info on it yet so estimates are being made about it from how detuned the motor is.

and yes a SP800 will beat a brute force on pavement, ive posted the story as others have with a similer expericence here and in the polaris forum about it. if you want to read it, do a search for it. it was almost a tie. both quads will perform differently in different geographical positions, but in my area which is about 1500 feet above sea level, it beat the brute

Old 01-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Trailblazer

If that air filter adds 8 mph to your top end then you can HAVE my brute. You actually think that a powercommander is going to give you 70 + hp?? on a quad that comes with around 50 stock? LOL man where do you think these things up? Maybe the brute won in your situation..they're are many factors that go into the equation. But only a few times have i heard that the sp800 beat the brute. It was always fairly close but only a couple of times have people reported the sp800 won. In those instances, the people seemed like they were just taking up for there quad and wasnt really being truthful.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

give me your brute then, and i dont know why you keep saying im crazy, and were am i thinking up the Powercommander thing, because your putting words in my mouth. all 3 times i have said about the power commander giving 70+ horsepower, each time i have stated that its a rumor, AND those are unedited posts, so get your info straight bub. thirdly the SP800 has 58horsepower stock. 4th, every time i see the brutes and 800 race around here, everytime on pavement the 800 will win. im saying on pavement here, nothing else.

Quick Reply: polaris 800 how much power can it have?