Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

full size utility opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full size utility opinions

I was looking at the bom. My second choice was the 650V2 AC, and for price reasons thats what i got. The outty is a nice wheeler. I also wanted the ground clearance. speedrack, and other accessories cat offered. The bom has alot more power though, if thats what you want. I personally like what i chose because its a great utility/trail quad with plenty of power for me

Old 02-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: v2rider
Originally posted by: xGoatMan
Ilove my 650V2 cat and it out powers the sp700, i think its got the same or similar motor(V-Twin) as prairie and Bf, but its not a cheap machine (around 7,000)
Its kawi's motor in an AC frame.
I would have bought a kawi, but AC has better features. (Ground clearance, speed rack, ect...)
The speed rack system is nice and comes in handy but eh the AC's are to tall and wide for me... no sporty feel to it.

Old 02-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You know, i thought that at first, but after you get used to it, you can rip around, jump, and hang with the sporty one pretty well. But I wanted a machine that i felt comfortable with up in the Mn north woods, and so far its exceeded my expectations, like starting in cold weather even without efi, NOT getting stuck(love the diff lock), and the true independent sus makes for a fun ride over rocks and fallen trees!

Old 02-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

You know, i thought that at first, but after you get used to it, you can rip around, jump, and hang with the sporty one pretty well. But I wanted a machine that i felt comfortable with up in the Mn north woods, and so far its exceeded my expectations, like starting in cold weather even without efi, NOT getting stuck(love the diff lock), and the true independent sus makes for a fun ride over rocks and fallen trees!
Yeah my step dad got one right around the time i got my brute... I tell you what though... i'll never go back to a machine without a diff lock EVER again.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing you gotta love about the Cat is the 3 year warranty.

Old 02-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah that is nice, but i would feel better not ever having to use it!

Old 02-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QUOTE by: v2rider Yeah that is nice, but i would feel better not ever having to use it!

Yeah me too, but ya gotta give it to a company that has the ***** to stand by their products.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Range Rover

I just bought a 800 outty, 1 up, yellow, under 9k otd. Not bad as we have 8.25% sales tax here. Pick it up wed. This thing is the bomb. I don't have to bother everyone asking what quad I should get any more. I won't have to ask how I can get more power out of it. Don't need bigger tires. I am not quad collector, this one will do all I need or want to do for a long time. Thanks to all that kept the info comming to help with decision.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
By the way cc1999, I think we just misunderstood each other and I mean no ill-will to you. I don't look to start up arguements, but I was already hot when I ran into your original post about the Rincon's quickness and I think I misinterpreted the point you were trying to make. No hard feelings.
I wanted to let you and every else know it would seem based on the comparison DW has done in there April issue that the Rincon looks to be another dog from Honda in the performance area. DW only compaired it to the BF650i but the BF650 did have the Rincon beat on power and won all the power test. The Rincon still had the BF beat hands down in handeling but the poor thing tops out at 60mph where the BF would top out at 65mph. Worth mentioning is the fact that the BF is actualy a 633 V-twin carb motor being compaired to a 675 Fuel injected single. I would still go with the Honda given a choice between the two, since even though Kawi improved there handeling on its IRS 650, its still not in Honda's league and EFI is sure a nice feature. DW mentioned the BF650i IRS still needed some type of steering stabalizer.

If the Honda with EFI and a 42cc displacement advantage cant perform at least equal to a BF650i, I know it will not be near that of the KQ. The KQ will have about a 10mph advantage on the top end.

I am not trying to say that given a choice between all the 600-700cc class machine that I would overlook the Honda. I actualy would still probably go with the honda in this class of machine. Since if I were looking in this class, all out power is not likely to be my main motivation for buying and things like quality, reliability, low maintinace, ease of use, ride and handeling would all likely out shine the need for race quad power. If power were at the top of my list I would look at the 750+ class machines and skip over the 700- machines. If you get my point, you see the Honda is still top notch in all the important areas of a mid-upper class machine. The Rincon to me is still a good choice in this class.