Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Griz 660 or Outty 800

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Griz 660 or Outty 800

I occasionally ride with an 800 bomb. Talk about fast! Especially since my 400 kodiak is the next fastest thing to it in our group. In the tight woods, I hang with him pretty well until we hit a straight stretch. Then the 800 is like a rocket. Sounds awesome too. On the down side... Where we ride there's alot of mud. Some of it pretty nasty, some not, but almost every time we go the 800's belt starts slipping. Several trips back to the dealer haven't fixed it. It's really discouraging... and for $9500?? I'm not the shapest tool in the shed, but that just doesn't add up. I'm driving 3 hrs in the morning to buy a new Grizzly. My experience witnessing the probs with the 800, and more so the price, have definately steered me away from them. The new grizzly will cost me $5944 total unless I opt for extended warranty which I'm undecided on right now. The salesman said he could get me a discount on the warranty since they didn't have the color I wanted in stock and wouldn't be getting any more in til the 07's come out. Pound for pound, dollar for dollar... I'm going with the Grizzly.

Oh yeah, The guy who rides with us on a 330 magnum has just as much fun as the rest of us. Even though it's the weakest, smallest, slowest & lowest quad in our group. It's all what you make of it.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

YES!!! Proof that the boms have problems, and arent gods perfect machine!

Old 06-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

I just love listening to people say an entire line of machines is junk when they have ridden with 1. That is like saying all atv riders are destructive because the 1 % of them that bust through fences and ride without permission are the norm.
I'm not saying Bombardier is not without problems but so is everyother manufacturer.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: downeaster
Well, after starting this thread I never intended to cause this much comotion. I believe after
doing alot of reading, and not being interested in speed, I have decided to purchase a new
2007 Griz or maybe even a 2006. I know either is a good reliable machine like the Outty. All
have their own problems mechanically. The fastest machine, or hand stands is a waste of
money. I need just reliable power, and locker to get me out of that sometimes difficult place
of which I try to avoid anyway. The additional cost of an Outty wouldn't be unjustified, when
the Griz would do most everything I plan to do. I will dress it up with a 14" c series wheels,
Mudlite xtrs, clutch kit, and maybe one of those seats for the rear rack that also has some
storage built in. I rarely ride with more that one other atv at a time, and most of the time
I am alone. My machine is to be used mostly for hunting, ice fishing, and scouting during the
off season. I believe I will join a local atv club in Norway, Maine, and help them with trail
maintenance choirs, as I am available being retired and need some atv fellowship.

Good rides to all
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You sound like a smart responsible person. Buy wich ever one you want. Both have pros and cons but both are good bikes and will get the job done...............PERIOD! You don't need all of us telling you what you want.

I applaud your idea to join a club and help maintain trails. We definatley need more avters like yourself. Thanks.