Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

How bout this polaris challange to the CEO's??

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bout this polaris challange to the CEO's??

I would say that competition between experienced rider with their own designed tires against less experienced riders on lighter outsourced tires is just a promotional gimick for Polaris. No other companies will even acknowledge this new advertising scheme probably dreamed up by some New York City ad executive.
The only way this is going to happen would be in pages of Quad Magazine where they might run some tow, haul, rough terrain tests with less emphasis on race performance during one of their regular open class shoot outs. And then the first thing they would do is swap tires anyway to 'level the playing field". They could then crown the new king of utes and it could be Polaris, AC, or even Honda Foreman depending on competition format.
Reminds me of when Lee Iacoca of Chrysler had the same need for publicity back in 80s.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

I could see polaris to be at a disadvantage on tires. Yes, they do have great stock tires. But in an arena it's most likely gonna be on a hard packed surface. The 05,06 700 will actually lose in a pulling contest against an 04 model cause of the tires. The 04 had less aggressive tires and there is more rubber making contact with the ground. The new tires on them now are good in loose stuff but get less grip on hard surfaces. Guess it all depends on the type of track that is made up. Every tire, just like every atv has its shining moments

Old 10-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Why would they do this to themselves? Polaris is known for there comfortable, perfect trail riding machines. AC is half as comfortable on the trail, but was jacked up and given a differential lock, and made into a mud machine. I think Polaris and AC are going to go at it!!

Old 10-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure AC will come. I'd be surprised to see other brands. Leave it to the Americans to stand up for what we believe in. Seems like in every other situation in the world everybody promices but we are the only ones to deliver. Now, to shake things up a bit, I'll bet Polaris out pulls AC in a pull sled or dead wieght pull. Don't get mad, just having fun (I was told that I was too unbias in another thread so I'm changing my reply for this one) How can we make a bet on a forum that don't cost anything? I ain't got no money and I'm just talking junk now for fun

Old 10-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Agree to waive any right to compensation for participating in this event and for appearing in any Polaris advertising about this event.
? Acknowledge that your name and your company?s name and likeness may be used to the extent that you are filmed at this event by signing the enclosed
Participant Release.
? Acknowledge and agree that anyone accompanying you must sign the Observer Release before they will be admitted to or permitted to observe The Duel.
? Acknowledge that Polaris/McKinney have the right to use the results of this event for promotional purposes.
? Agree that Polaris has the exclusive right to record the event, and the exclusive right to any and all recorded audio or video footage of the event. Polaris
shall not be responsible for how participation in The Duel impacts competitor business.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

I would not agree to this. Polaris wants to have exclusive rights to everything, using their competitiors to their advantage WHILE their competitors WAIVE their rights to ANYthing. Unfair terms. Polaris cant have it both ways. If they win- fine publish it- unbiased. If the competitors win, allow them to have rights to that and publish it -UNBIASED. Isnt that what the polaris CEO really wants - to settle things once and for all? if he is imposing the waiving of rights for the other OEMS, screw it - its fishy already.

Besides, wasnt this already done via the Can-am Challenge? Is Polaris running scared and trying to copy this? In the Ute area, which i acknowledge im no 100% expert, but i think the CAN-AM Challenge already showed them and some other OEMS up a little and did more for CAN-AM than this duel will do for Polaris. Its a waste of time.

Old 10-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Trailblazer

I would rather see them use pro riders, then this takes rider skill out of it. Because now if pol has the best rider and the rest can't ride to save their lives, well what does this prove?? That would'nt prove that Pol has the best machine, just the best rider on that day.

This "duel" will have NO credibility at all.

Old 10-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

I think pro riders would give a false impression of the whole challange. Most all of us in this forum have experience in riding atv's. I can't speak for everyone but I am nowhere close to be considered a "pro". The challanges that are being voted on don't seem to have the need for a pro rider. They are going to be using them as a work horse it seems for the most part and anyone who has some seat time should be able to do these challanges. Most of these CEO's I'm sure ride seeing that they are head of the companies. I would not say they are pro's by any means but I'm sure they can hold there own on the challanges that they will be participating in if they show up. The Can-am challange was done by that company for that company. No invites were sent and it wasn't judged by a third party. As far as the rights to the video and audio, if I were spending thousands of dollars on this event I would want the rights too. All the other companies have to do is pay for there travel and stay. I'm sure this can pave the way for alot more challanges from different companies.

Old 10-11-2006, 02:55 PM
Trailblazer

All I'm saying I guess is that I want to see the bikes perform and not who has the best rider, who knows maybe some of these ceo's have no clue when it come to riding utility quads?

What does it really prove if I compare my Outlander 400 to my friends Grizz but only if his 10 year old son drives it, then I'll brag how bad I beat him through the mud etc, etc. The only thing this would prove is that I have much more experience than this 10 year old -- not that my 400 is bigger and badder than his 660.

The BRP video was verified by a third party and used "pro" riders, I like this because then you are comparing machines not drivers. And that's what the whole point is, isn't it? The Polaris CEO is claiming their machines are the best or is he claiming he is the best rider???

Old 10-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: twentycharacters
Agree to waive any right to compensation for participating in this event and for appearing in any Polaris advertising about this event.
? Acknowledge that your name and your company?s name and likeness may be used to the extent that you are filmed at this event by signing the enclosed
Participant Release.
? Acknowledge and agree that anyone accompanying you must sign the Observer Release before they will be admitted to or permitted to observe The Duel.
? Acknowledge that Polaris/McKinney have the right to use the results of this event for promotional purposes.
? Agree that Polaris has the exclusive right to record the event, and the exclusive right to any and all recorded audio or video footage of the event. Polaris
shall not be responsible for how participation in The Duel impacts competitor business.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

I would not agree to this. Polaris wants to have exclusive rights to everything, using their competitiors to their advantage WHILE their competitors WAIVE their rights to ANYthing. Unfair terms. Polaris cant have it both ways. If they win- fine publish it- unbiased. If the competitors win, allow them to have rights to that and publish it -UNBIASED. Isnt that what the polaris CEO really wants - to settle things once and for all? if he is imposing the waiving of rights for the other OEMS, screw it - its fishy already.

Besides, wasnt this already done via the Can-am Challenge? Is Polaris running scared and trying to copy this? In the Ute area, which i acknowledge im no 100% expert, but i think the CAN-AM Challenge already showed them and some other OEMS up a little and did more for CAN-AM than this duel will do for Polaris. Its a waste of time.

You mean the Can-Am duel where they PURPOSELY ran the sp800 into the side of the mud bog to slow it down? You mean the same Can-Am duel that they put the sp800 in the wrong range (which was obvious from the video) for the sled pull? You mean the same Can-Am duel where they kept showing different views of the sled pull (sometimes with the sp800 lights on and sometimes off) kind of like they took different runs and combined them to make the Can-Am's look better? You mean the same Can-Am duel that they would not use the Polaris in the 4X4 part of the duel. You mean the same Can-Am duel that had NOBODY that was not bias in the comparison. OH...... OK.....Just asking if we were talking about the same duel.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you seen the same video I seen. Polaris has been putting out videos like this for years now. Back when the grizzly 600 came out they had comparison videos. Every company does this showing there strong points. But to say the brp challange was a third party judge and all is abit strange. I have the dvd and it says in fine print that it is a publication of Outrange PUblications, media division. Polaris uses Medialoft. But all they do is film the action put on by the marketing crews for the companies. Most end up in dealer showrooms on tv's playing all day. Some are put on infomercials and sometimes you dee them stuck in magazines. I think brp makes a fine atv with great features. nobody doubts that. I'll bet this thing will be on tv or webcast or something, kinda hard to hide that on retakes od scenes.

Quick Reply: How bout this polaris challange to the CEO's??