Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Best ATV Reputation

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best ATV Reputation

Out of all the main 4wheeler manufacturers who has the best reputation? I've had 2 different Yamahas and have had trouble with both of them. I've got a Polaris but dont really like the plastic racks on it or the slow acceleration. I'll probably be looking to buy another mid size utility atv in the near future and was wondering what you guys thought. I'm thinking about giving Honda a try. Maybe even Kawasaki or Suzuki. Can-Am is a no go because there are no dealers nearby. What do you guys suggest? I know a lot of people "ride red" but can good things be said about Kawasaki and Suzuki too?

Old 04-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a read through these forums and you'll get 50 different answers to that same question. Why? - Probably because all the major players are so close to each other these days (as far as performance, features, reliability) that all that's left to sway a new buyer one way or the other is brand loyalty...go with what you know.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

slow accelleration????????which Polaris are you talking about????When I hit the throttle on my 700 you better be holding on real tight.....

John

Old 04-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

as far as reliabilty honda has it hands down. they keep there quads simple!

Old 04-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree with Mykool about Honda being reliable but being simple I would have to dissagree? I had a stupid problem with my Rincon and started looking at the wire diagram and was like what the hell! There is soo many wires and connectors, solinoids, switches et... I am a toyota tech and my head was spinning trying to figure out how everything worked on the rincon. My problem was water in a connector. I dried it out and put some grease into the connector. Problem solved. By cruising the net for hours and hours I see that Hondas have the most trouble free miles adn hours. I have almost 2000 miles on mine with just a wet connector. My Polaris on the other hand is one problem after another.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

I think it is better to first make a list of required features and then compare machines having these features. For instance, if you do not need independent rear suspension, front diff locker, fuel injection, auto tranny, huge ground clearance, low range, or big CCs, then you can find a more reliable machine with fewer features. I just convinced my son-in-law to buy a Honda Foreman 500 FM 5 speed foot shift model for work on his ranch primarily because of reliability and no need for features. I recently bought a Yamaha 700 Grizz primarily because of reliability and features I needed.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: JCDEYO25
slow accelleration????????which Polaris are you talking about????When I hit the throttle on my 700 you better be holding on real tight.....

John
Magnum 330

Old 04-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

Every body is going to say honda, and i will not disagree with saying that honda makes some exstremely tuff atvs, but they are not very performanse oreinted unless you buy a rincon, and you said midsize. the rincon is also very expensive, and I know of two different handa riders that have had electrical problems on their electric shift hondas and one person had a problem with the tranny on their rincon. theis people do abuse their rides nearly as bad as i do and have had more problems. Suzuki my freind is the way to go. They have their problems just as others do but the performance and dependability are there.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

like oldturtle said... I would toss the names aside for now, and concentrate on what you want out of a quad. After you figure that out, then find one quad from each of the major players that closely matches that description and compare those quads...

Old 04-14-2007, 03:34 AM
Trailblazer

I'd have to agree with suzuki4ever-to a degree. He is a firm believer in Suzuki and so am I, in a limited way. I recently purchased an '06 vinson and in all my research I can hardly find anyone who has a criticism of this atv. Even though I have a honda and a yamaha, the very best quad I have is the vinson. Because I have a friend who has access to a lot of atv's because he works for an atv magazine, out of all the quads he has had access to that I have ridden, I prefer the vinson as much as any big bore I have sampled.

Quick Reply: Best ATV Reputation