Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Need a real big snowplow - where to get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2001, 09:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need a real big snowplow - where to get?

I am living in Austria and I need a real big plow on my Polaris Sportsman 500. Where can I get one? (online, of course...) (Not the little toys to play with - I need a real good one, 60" - 70" wide and 35" high)

Martin

Old 09-28-2001, 04:13 PM
Trailblazer

Well iam not sure how much you are looking to spend but dennis kirk has the moose 60` wide country plow. i have it and its a great plow,although i dont think you will find 35 in tall plow. moose country plow is tappered to 26 inches thats the highest point..

Old 10-02-2001, 08:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just picked up a Moose 60" "County" snow plow last night and it is a beast. Plow assembly without push tubes that mount to the atv is 100 lbs. The remaining parts, mounting assembly and lift assembly are about 50 lbs. Everything is HEAVY duty. I would recommend their "Eazy-Lift" lift assembly if you are not going to use a winch lift. Lift assembly is a little costly, but well worth it when trying to lift 100+ lbs. I will be mounting on a 2002 Grizzly, so I don't have any questions about being able to push the snow. I have plowed my 1/2 mile driveway with a standard 50" Warn plow on a 99 Grizzly and did not have any problems. The new plow will definitely make the the task go much faster. I would highly recommend the Moose plow line over any others. They do have several models to choose from, The "County" being a tapered height plow and the "Country" being a straight height plow. I have seen the these plows in Dennis-Kirk Dennis Kirk Online and Cabela's Cabelas Online websites. Good Luck with your choice.

Old 10-02-2001, 09:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry, I forgot to give you the Moose Online address, in case you need it.

Moose Products Online

Old 10-02-2001, 10:09 AM
Range Rover

Thanks, I tghink its a good advice to buy the Moose-plows. The county plow is 786 bucks over here. Just the blade.

How much did you pay for?

Martin

Old 10-02-2001, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my plow as a package with my 2002 Grizzly. This is the sixth ATV that I have bought from my dealer, dealer gave me a break on the cost of the plow - List price for 60" County plow, push tubes, atv mount and E-Z lift was $650. Dealer discount to me was $471 for all. In 1999 I paid $360 for a 50" Yamaha "Warn" plow that does not even compare in quality or construction, 2 years of average use and it was already showing signs of major wear. Even if I had to pay full price for a Moose, I feel that the value is worth it. The Moose plow will be around for years, I might even consider letting my son use it to plow drives for $$$ this winter, I don't think that he can wear it out.

Old 10-02-2001, 11:33 AM
Range Rover

I know how wintertime can be in the midwest - I was working a couple of months in Cincinatti. Your posting was very helpful to me and i am going to order the countyblade tommorow. I tll take 4 weeks, hopefully it shows up before the heavy snowfalls come.

About the pushtube. I will take the Polaris Delux Lift kit. That gives me full clearance all the time (I am mostly riding in the woods) and i must do some work on the brackets to make the county plow fit to the Polaris mounting kit.

But thats no problem for me, I am glad that I found a good product now.

By the way: i bought (2 weeks ago) a Polaris Sportsman 4X4 with AWD on demand. I am not satisfied because it gives me a hard time to unlock the AWD. To enable AWD I just have to press a key and to unbolt as well, but that doesnt really work. i must go for and backwards, turnig in different directions and if I have luck, the AWD stops after 15 minutes fideling around.

I spoke to my dealer about that, but he doesnt want to take the Sportsman back and order another modell for me.

Next time I will buy a Grizzly, i am sure.....

So long and thanks for all

Martin

Old 10-19-2001, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

I have had a 60" Moose County Plow for a year now and it really works well for snow and gravel...