Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 09:19 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Dirtrider,
Hey man I got those pics back from when we were down at Dixie. Most of them came out pretty good! Although the wife put a roll of B&W film in. LOLOL They still look pretty cool though. I will give you some of them next time I see ya. I didn't realize how high I was getting on those table tops until I saw those pics though!

Old 10-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

Hey everyone,
I was incorrect about this Sun's open practice at ECMX. It will only cost $20 for all day riding. The AMA card will not be required!

Old 10-25-2003, 09:37 PM
Range Rover

well in that case ill try to be there. i think me and my little bro will come (it is open for bikes too right?) Ill probly be there around 2 ish if its not raining (i have church in the morning) so, if its not raining ill be there

Old 10-26-2003, 12:28 AM
Trailblazer

Rancor,
Yes it is open to bikes also. Hope to see you out there. You all should have came out to watch the TT races tonight. It was awsome!

Old 10-26-2003, 12:45 AM
Range Rover

where is this place everyone is talking about??

Old 10-26-2003, 05:12 AM
Trailblazer

hi folks....sorry, i just found this thread.

i am a board admin at AtvNC.com. if any of y'all wanna go riding, we set up at least one group ride every month. the majority of us are sport/trail and ute riders.

feel free to come to the site and say whats up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

the trail and parks systems in NC blows the doors off anything you can find in the Tidewater area. thats why i don't ride much up here.

you can PM on our site or write me at batgeek@atvnc.com.

i am currently unable to ride due to a bent steering stem. but if you see a KFX-400 in a black Dodge 1500, that would be me. lic plate is BATGEEK, so i'm easy to recognize [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

think ima have to check into that Surry riding, its close and great for when i get some free time.

4wheelingchic, we have quite a few female members and encourage female participation quite a bit!

Old 10-26-2003, 12:07 PM
Range Rover

Hey batgeek,
where is the place you are talking about? what the laws for riding in NC? I was told that you have to have you atv registered like a vehicle.. is this true or not? I am always looking for new places & people to ride with. so let me know when the next time you guys get together to go riding..

Old 10-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey whats up,
Its been a while been very busy. Hope everyone got to ride this weekend, despite the little rain we got today. I went to Currituck today it was pretty muddy being that they watered it all night last night then i rained all morning. Still had lots of fun. Hey batgeek, answer 4wheelingchic's questions and my questions will be answered too. Im gonna have to check that site out, sounds pretty cool. Durabluz 400 thats cool she got some good pictures, cant wait to see them. Are you gonna be riding this weekend? I was wanting to check out that place next to Busch Gardens or maybe go out to Military Hwy, in the mood for some trail riding. Just let me know if you want to go.

later

Old 10-27-2003, 11:20 AM
Range Rover

there arnt any laws for riding in NC like that. you dont need anything really.

I went to ECMX but it was around 2:30 ish and they were closing at 4 and i guess they were having divisions pratice, like big bikes, little bikes, quads, i guess that is how it was going. anyways, i went to CMX, man, when i got there it was Real nice, the beginner track was nice and tacky and fun. i rolled around the supercross track. there wasnt anyone on it so I tried it out, its pretty intimidating. there were a few people on quads but i never talked to them, mostly bikes. but all in all, it was a nice end to the day, damn time change bullcrap sucks though. but my first time at a MX track it was fun
anyways, hopefully im gonna go there all day saterday, unless any of yall want to get together for some trail riding somewhere.

Old 10-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Trailblazer

well, the main places we ride are Uhwarrie and Brown Mountain. both great trail riding places. Brown Mt is right next to Morganton NC where one of the rounds of the GNCC series is held. Uhwarrie is a state park about 90 min NW of Charlotte. we also go to Wagon Wheel WV a bit, and ride down in SC alot also. Manchester and Wamba down there. since we have members from all over NC, alot of the local MX tracks are visited too. Jacksonville MX park, ECMX, MX Park East in Clayton...and a few others.

yeah, i drive my a$$ off to get to ssome of these places, but the trip is well worth it for the great riding not to mention the folks from our site are some of the nicest and coolest folks i have ever met [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

drop on by and see what we are doing!

Quick Reply: Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE