Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Good riding in NE WV?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2000, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey you West virginia ATVers! Where are some good places to ride in the north eastern part of your state? I will be heading your way late in October some time, and would like to bring the ATVs (4x4's). Near a hunting and fishing area is ok too. We love the mountains, lakes, and streams. We don't mind being out in the rural parts of WV away from everythig else.

Thanks in advance.

Mick

Old 06-17-2000, 10:15 AM
Range Rover

mick,
its a good thing you don't mind being out in the "rural" parts of WV...........because thats all WV has is "rural" parts

Old 06-18-2000, 12:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

My Dad initiated this idea for riding in the north eastern part of West Virginia. He is fed up with feeling like an outlaw for riding his ATV in PA. The laws in PA do not allow ATV riding in very many places where he fishes ans hunts. My Dad doesn't see what the harm of riding his ATV on a dirt rod is (neither do I) and keeps getting fined and harrassed.

He is looking to get away from that. I don't blame him and am trying to help him find an area where he can fish, hunt and ride his ATV legally, as he is gearing to retire in a few years.

Hopefully, West Virginia will have that. We are concerned that the locals will not accept "non-locals" in their area and are looking for some guidance, tips, suggestions, or information from West Virginians, or those that have done the same.

Feel free to e-mail me at Bearchow@epix.net

Thanks,

Mick

Old 06-18-2000, 10:33 PM
Range Rover

Mick,
I live in north western, va (about 30 minutes from WV border). I am not really that knowledgeable of the folks in wv, but I suspect they are pretty friendly & open to atv's. Virginia has state operated riding areas, and WV has a club that is building a state wide trail network.

I have ridden in a few different states, WV, NY, VA etc..... and I find it to be the same pretty much everywhere. If I find an unused piece of swampland or sewer easement, and I ride on it, eventually the land owner or a neighbor starts to complain. As soon as someone uses their "unused" useless land, suddenly they remember that they own it, and they act as if its the most valueable piece of real estate in the country.

some people just hate to see others have a good time. I just don't see why a person would be concerned with a simple 4' wide trail through a weed infested and very negleted piece of land.

good luck in WV.........