Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Im renting out my house in Puyallup while Im in New Orleans for about 5 more years. When I was home, I would ride all of the oregon dunes on the coast. Also would ride beverly and moses hole in eastern WA. Really wanted to ride Idaho dunes before I moved, but didnt get to. For trail riding it was Evans Creek ORV park, Rock Candy Mountain and Capital Forest in Olympia, and then Tahuya over on the penninsula (out past Gorst). And I raced out at Oakwood Arena almost weekly in the winter doing rough scrambles and FLat Track races. www.oakwoodracing.com Its a renegade series, so its pretty rough crowd and not alot of "professional" bikes. SO you got a good chance of being competitive without spending huge bucks.

Dont forget Everyone, Spillway this weekend. Night ride on saturday 5pm.

Old 12-04-2003, 12:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

renton motor sports opened a indoor track (getting a ds ready to race & son getting a 450)

Old 12-05-2003, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

I went out today and helped move stuff around. The trailer was put to use [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Joey took over for me (trailer wise) when I had to go

looking forward to this sat

Old 12-07-2003, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

Alright, now who around New Orleans wants to 1) pick me up and 2) let me ride one of their quads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'm a college student at Tulane, my bikes are in Ohio. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Looks like you all have great things going, good work!

What's the riding like down here? I've never been out of the city!

Old 12-07-2003, 08:39 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: thomez

I'm a college student at Tulane, my bikes are in Ohio. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
well, im not GOING to LSU, but i do live in the LSU dorms next door to the superdome. The wife is a student. They let me park the 20ft racecar trailer in the back lot of the dorms, so I get to keep my banshee close by.

talk with the school, tell them its a "hardship" issue and get them to provide a secure place to store your bike and trailer. Im not joking either!!

The riding is OK. the nearest place is the Spillway, everything else is 2 hours away or more.

The dunes are mediocre at best, but hey, sand is sand. Most everything else is some form of mud or trail riding. The few racetracks around here are either pretty far away, or shut down. I've heard of a couple within an hours drive of New Orleans, but have not been out to check them out.

Bring one bike down (the one you dont mind getting dirty) and leave the other bike at home so you have something to play on when you go home to visit.

Old 12-07-2003, 08:56 PM
Range Rover

or even a better idea, bring a bike down, get one of the great members of the SL trailblazers to keep it for you down here, and you will have access to it whenever you need it...

Anybody doing anything this coming weekend?? I got the itch. Maybe the spillway, but I want to camp somewhere Saturday night.. Anybody for the Dunes?

Let me know.
Shane

Old 12-07-2003, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

If I could get my truck down here, that would be great. It's the only 4x4 in the family and mom needs it to get around times like this, when the snow is a foot deep. Thanks for the idea though, and the info. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer

you can camp at the spillway, but you cant camp at the ATV parking lot, you have to load up and drive across to the boat launch area. You cant ride a bike from the boat launch area to the riding area. you USED TO, but they stopped that.

Im not sure about this weekend. We are riding RedCreek on the 20th and 21st of this month. Check out the trailblazers webpage and forums for more details.

Old 12-08-2003, 12:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bad, I will be heading for the dunes Saturday.

Old 12-08-2003, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

Do any of you ride in north LA?I'm looking for a group of peopl to ride with.

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!