Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

St. Joe state park on Jan 25th??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Joe state park on Jan 25th??

Sorry if I'm showing my ignorance but .... who is Team Braxton? And FYI, if TB wants to see the fast guys, come on out to the North rail and look for the DS and Banshee crowd... Maybe THEBOM will let you get a snapshot... bring high speed film.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Banshees seem to be gaining popularity with the addition of Eric Ross to the Banshee riders. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Daren

Old 01-25-2004, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Eric crossed over? I wonder if Jeff will disown him? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Sounds like everybody had a good time.

Well I did the hat trick the last time out with my bikes. I was 3 for 3. Rode 3 out , pulled 3 in. Now I've pulled 3 motors out.

725 Pami piston and jug. Must completely disassemble.

Stage 3 RW's DS broke crank. completely disassemble.

LT500 Quadracer broke piston. Top end.

I should have my 760 Pami back in about 2 weeks.

The big Pami needs rings checked for clearance.

Eric is young, he will grow out of the Banshee mode. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I hope to have everything ready for spring.

J Ross

Old 01-25-2004, 02:22 AM
Trailblazer

YES IT IS VERY TRUE I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A BANSHEE NOW!!! IT IS STOCK FOR NOW, I HOPE THAT CHANGES SOON THERE IS A VERY QUICK BLACK/RED ONE RUNNING AROUND OUT THERE THAT I REALLY LIKE, HOPE MINE IS LIKE THAT ONE SOMEDAY.

THERE IS GOOD NEWS TO THIS, THE DS IS NOT GONE!!! ITS ON VACATION TILL RACE SEASON REALLY STARTS. IT HAS NEW MODS ON THE WAY FOR IT. HOPEFULLY IT DOES WELL THIS SPRING.

PLEASE DONT DISOWN ME JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD RACING TODAY. CAN'T WAIT TILL WE CAN ALL GET TOGETHER OUT THERE AGAIN!!!

AWW MY BACK HURTS, FEELS LIKE I CHANGED SEVERAL SETS OF TIRES!!!!!!

ROSS

Old 01-25-2004, 04:19 AM
Pro Rider

Daren...Ken Erhardt said it was suppose to be cold and rainy so I figured I'd work around the house until the crappy weather came. Bad weather never came but I did put a good size dent in the honey-do list. Took the Baja out for a spin in the neighborhood....I think I'm gonna like rural living.

Jeff....Man I sorry to hear all that. You kinda figured that the Zuki blew a piston, but breaking a crank....WOW!

Did Larry's CPI's clear everything in the frame? How did Larry do against Jerrod?

Matt's Tacate is fast and is a good dragger. He claims it weights under 200 lbs. and I believe it....there's nothing to it. It's amazing so much power can be made out of that size of a motor.

I've thought about getting a Banshee myself. Know anyone that wants to trade a Banshee for a 465EX?

Sounds like I missed a good day for riding. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

JMiller

Old 01-25-2004, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

Jay, late night?!

Too bad you didn't make it out yesterday. It was pretty fun despite how cold it was and like Eric said how many times I (we) changed tires. We have gained valuable knowledge from experience, in regards to lowering blocks on a stock swingarm, with CPI silenced drag pipes, and Pro Wedge IIs. Put simply, it doesn't work! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Also found out yesterday that someone is scheduled to pick up a 450R on Friday. This same person has already commited to purchasing / installing the HRC kit. I recommended a Sparks kit, but that would cost big $$$$. Anybody wanna try to guess who's getting the R?

Jerrod and I with help from Eric, Big show (Eric's bud), and Danny, installed my non-silenced drag pipes on Jerrod's Banshee yesterday at the park, because he sold his inframes and his new pipes aren't supposed to be here until Thursday or Friday of the coming week.

When we first went out, he told me that something wasn't right. Then after a few races, he said Larry was beating him by about 5 bike lengths. He was concerned / frustrated because he had the drag pipes on it, and because he just had a new head gasket put on and for whatever reason it was cutting hard. (The bike had been losing some water and it apparently was fixed by the new head gasket.)

I noticed that he had gotten his air filters or at least the outerwares wet, and knew that this could be part of the problem. Anyways, it was cutting pretty hard and after I rode it, we decided to drop the main jets from 155s to 152s. Presto. I don't know how much he was beating Larry by after that, but it was said that it was by more than 5. I'll have to review the video, darn!

That Tecate is a good runner. I just wish he would have come back to race after I got to put on the Pro Wedges. They were working great for me. 10 times better than the knobbies. I think Eric was fairly impressed with that Black / Red Banshee running the Wedges. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Of course the +10 or whatever size arm on that Tecate helped too. I can't wait to get my extension. Although it isn't much more that half that, I think it will help a whole lot. Every time you back off, you're losing time. Can't have that racing against TheBom on his half dozen nitrous injected super DS's!!!

Anyways, time to go back to bed.

Daren

Old 01-25-2004, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, had a great time Saturday, got to meet a lot of nice people, Daren, The Bomb jr, Larry. And Daren that is one sweet Banshee you have there! Wish I could have got some vidieo of you burning every one up while doing an 80 mph wheelie! Not a bad day for the end of January...........Chris

Old 01-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

Chris,

Thanks for the compliments. I think that we all had a good time.

I was thinking that maybe you could do me a favor. If you ever see me down there racing Jeff THEBOM, please do to him what I did to Eric when you two raced the first time!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I don't think that you met Jerrod, but he was there with me. He was riding the white/blue Banshee with drag pipes. His name on here is PowerJunkie. After we got his jetting lined out, his was running strong too. I love seeing all those BANSHEES!!!

You'll get plenty of chances to video this summer. The wheelies might not be quite as easy after the new swingarm gets put on. Surely I'll still be able to pull it up with a little body language.

Can't wait to do it again!

Daren

Old 01-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

enForcer....you're a neighbor! Do you have any insight to where somebody could ride on any sandbars on the rivers around here? I've been looking and haven't had any luck finding any. I've even asked a friend of mine that flies small planes to scout out the river for me.

Another friend said that he knew where to ride up by Grafton on the MO side of the river but haven't been there yet either.

Any help?

Quick Reply: St. Joe state park on Jan 25th??