Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.

Originally posted by: 2fun
Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
You are the one I was racing on the beach correct?? Gotta hand it to you. You've got one fast Rappy!!
That would be me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Your 450 hauls the mail as well[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

We swapped bikes and I got to see how well that extended swing arm worked on your 450, right then and there I decided I had to have one of those[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You are going to love that new extended swinger!
Makes a HUGE difference, especially when climbing hills!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Just out of curiosity, what was the total for thswinger including bearing carrier, brake block off, brake caliper mount etc?? Also are you going with chrome?

I'm going with candy blue powder coating I am able to use my stock bearing carrier and brake caliper mount[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have to buy a 13.00 block off plate and a 30.00 braided brake line is all. PM me for the cost of the swinger [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey Bear,
Great article in Dirt Wheels!

Old 01-31-2006, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2fun
You are the one I was racing on the beach correct?? Gotta hand it to you. You've got one fast Rappy!!
That would be me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Your 450 hauls the mail as well[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

We swapped bikes and I got to see how well that extended swing arm worked on your 450, right then and there I decided I had to have one of those[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You are going to love that new extended swinger!
Makes a HUGE difference, especially when climbing hills!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Just out of curiosity, what was the total for thswinger including bearing carrier, brake block off, brake caliper mount etc?? Also are you going with chrome?

I'm going with candy blue powder coating I am able to use my stock bearing carrier and brake caliper mount[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have to buy a 13.00 block off plate and a 30.00 braided brake line is all. PM me for the cost of the swinger [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
PMed you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2006, 01:49 AM
Trailblazer

Hello,
Just moved here from Utah and need to know a good dealership to work with. Didn't know if any of the dealers had a good reputation, I live in NW Portland. Also where's a good place to buy an inclosed trailer?
Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer

Welcome!!!

Old 02-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dhigley023
Hello,
Just moved here from Utah and need to know a good dealership to work with. Didn't know if any of the dealers had a good reputation, I live in NW Portland. Also where's a good place to buy an inclosed trailer?
Welcome!!
I got my last ATV through Roseburg. Had a long drive to pick up the YFZ, but he was the only one who was really willing to deal on my ATV. Saved me 300 bucks, so it was worth the drive [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

As for trailers, I have no idea, as I have not taken that step yet. I'm sure someone on here can help you out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dhigley023
Hello,
Glad to have ya aboard and in the PNW! Stay away from Curtis Trailer Sales. There are a few trailer sales (cargo) on Columbia Blvd that seem pretty good to deal with. Also Carlson Trailers in Sandy,Oregon are really nice folks.

I would recommend Portland Motorcycle Company in NE Portland for your Kawi brands. Friends dont let friends buy from ProCaliber (AKA Dick Hannah). Like going to a retail car dealership with sloppy sales & service. Boo. (Yeah, what comes around, goes around, eh ProCaliber?)

Keep an eye on the posts. The season is starting! Yeah, finally!

Again, welcome to our area!

Bear

Old 02-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the all the good input and thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to ridding this great area.

Hey Bear I noticed that you enjoy ridding St. Anthony sand dunes, I grew up in Idaho Falls which is about 25 minutes south of the dunes. I rode their all through high school on a 86 quad racer. Great area!

Again thanks much for all the input.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:07 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Anyone know if Sandbeach Campground at Sandlake is open? I'm getting conflicting info on different web sites.
Thinking of going down next weekend.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

Hey 2fun, How's it going? I was the guy on the new 700R that chased you and the gal on the 250R around at Florence in Oct. Seen your post so I though I'd give you a shout. I'm going to be down in Florence on Feb 17th 18th & 19th for Pres day weekend. I had a blast riding with you in Oct maybe we can meet up and go for a ride if you going to be there that weekend? You won't reconize my 700R I have gave it a whole new look. I have a T-dub +4' swinger that should be here by next Weds then I'll be ready for some serious Duning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Take it easy
Hey Randy, sent you a PM, but don't know if you got it or not??? My Comp is messing up (well, my browser anyway..)

Anyway, there is a good chance I will be able to go that weekend. What lot you going to be in that weekend??

I fired up the 450 today..... MMMMmmmmm....... boy did it sound good!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Can't wait to get her out and do some duning again!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
As long as it is not pouring down rain, I plan on going, so shoot me an E-mail, and we can chat a little more about it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.