Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.

Ok, I'm born again into the riding thing, just got back from Winchester bay for the first time ever dune riding and what a kick in the pants! It was like flag village with all the other quads around. I was impressed on how friendly people were to help out for others in trouble and now just counting days till I can head back.

What is the closest dune to Portland Metro area instead of running 4 hours South?

Old 09-05-2006, 05:38 AM
Pro Rider

Sand Lake is about 2 hours out of Portland. About 20 mins South of Tillamook.

I usually don't go there though due to its being so small, and crowded!!

Winchester Bay and Florence are my favorites. Definately worth the drive South if you are looking into a decent sized area!!!

Old 09-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

J.

The closest "real" dune area is Florence for us. Sand lake is like riding in a quarry. Boring. But ok for a day trip. I usually make my day trips to Florence, as it takes me 3 hours to get there. Well worth it for the best riding closest to us.

Bear

Old 09-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RTOYZ
I just got back from a Day trip to Horse Falls. It was fun. Hey bear my back is sore, but I have a great masseuse.
Wish only a back massage would cure this one. MRI revealed a partially slipped disc. Cant even do any forward or twisting stretches now. Waiting for physical therapy to resolve. Im off work until ??? Its screwing everything up for me, especially the move to Maryland.

This one has been a wake up call for me though. I have to go easy on my back. I really saw the light of what it would be like to be disabled permanently by a back injury. It sucks.

I hope to make a trip to the sand, to put myself behind a camera and get some shots for the mag of the project LTR I have been working on. Its looking good. Ill post pics when I get closer to done.

Bear.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:28 AM
Pro Rider

Take care of that back Bear!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bear Bear Bear.....................
You are just scurd that I'll whoop up on ya at the track [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
No way you can let the guy that you talked into getting a LTR whoop on ya, now can ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
hehehehehehehehehe........Luv Ya

Take care of that back. I've been down hard from a back injury, I know how bad it can get...
Don't overdue it.

Like I told ya the other day, don't hesitate to call if/when you need some help around the house.
I can most certainly make a day trip down there to your homestead...........

Let me know when you're going to go do your photo shoot with the LTR, I'll come down and help ya out.
I need and excuse to go down and play again.

Take care of that back my friend, let me know what I can do.

See ya at PR

Hey, send me an e-mail so I have your e-mail address, since I don't have it
Send me something, anything

Old 09-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

The Jones Creek WA monthly work Party will be on 24 Sep 06 at 0900 hours. Meet at the staging area. We will be placing border wood in the beginners riding area. The border wood is the final stage of the beginners riding area. We can use all the help we can get. We will work for a couple of hours, then ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Also, we are having a club campout at Cold Creek this weekend.
Joe...........

http://jonescreektrailriders.org

Old 10-01-2006, 03:22 AM
Pro Rider

Bummer that I was asleep at the wheel and missed the Jones Creek cleanup. That is a great club that goes to great lengths to keep our local areas open and ridable. Joe, keep us informed on when the next cleanup is.

For those of you that know him, Ketch is coming in on Monday for a 3 day business trip here in Oregon. Dont think he will make the dunes, but will be out catching some 4x4 action near Mt. Hood. Look for that in January issue.

Working on the LTR. Probably go shoot that next week Mon or Tues. Depends on time availability. Sean, you are welcome to come down if you like. Prolly going to just use Sand Lake, as it is close and has treeshots.

Later

Ken

Old 10-01-2006, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

PS

Back is improved, released for work, but Im not pushing it. Being VERRRRRY careful. That one scared me.

Thanks for all the support!

Ken

Old 10-01-2006, 04:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSXBEAR
PS

Back is improved, released for work, but Im not pushing it. Being VERRRRRY careful. That one scared me.

Thanks for all the support!

Ken
Glad you are feeling better Bear! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Now........... where are those group pics you took several months back??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.