Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Moab rentals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moab rentals?

I was reading the latest issue of ATVRider, and they had a story on riding in the Moab area, and renting quads there.
Sounds like a fun thing to do. I always wanted to get there and do some riding, and by the time you figure in, pulling a trailer with two quads, over the rockies, and all the gear, Id probably save enough in gas money, to drive my econobox and rent instead of bring my own.
Has anyone done this? Are the quads kind of beat? Can you go off on your own...or are you in a group?

Old 04-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default Moab rentals?

I think there is only one atv rental in Moab.

In 99, I towed two 300ex's on a sled bed. I used my 98 s10 with a 4.3 V6. I averaged 18MPG, and did not have any power issues in the mountains, but I did burn up the ring and pinion gears just as I rolled into Moab.

I would recommend taking your own quads, if you have an adequate tow vehicle. You know the machine and this is important because there are plenty of challenges on some of the trails out there. I'd also advise you to go during late april to may.

If you just plan on passing through on a family vacation, and only want to ride a day, then go ahead and rent.

Moab was the best vacation I have ever taken, and after the kids get a little older, I plan on going back. Hopefully, the treehuggers (or in moabs case, cryptobiotic soil sniffers) won't have had any impact on the current trails out there.

Farrabee rentals

The bryce canyon, UT area is also a beautiful place to ride, but due to the high elevation (9000+) I'd do some checking on trail conditions, depending on when you want to go.

Bryce tours

I also have some pics on my page from Moab

Old 04-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Moab rentals?

Hey thanks..ya Im doing the family thing, so on two days were gonna rent...one day atv and one day jeep. I found a few places which rent, and I cant go til june, ..gotta wait til the kids get out of school. Thats not a bad rental price..ill check into reservations.