Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Pismo Is Getting Ruined!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pismo Is Getting Ruined!

Hopefully with the weather cooling off they'll go be idiots down at Glamis. I'm one to stay up into the wee hours of the morning BSing and what not. But I'm still respectful out there. Pretty much every time I go to comp at night it's pretty tame. Nothing really going on. Maybe a few hundred is the most I've ever seen. Maybe I scare them away. LOL

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

Hopefully!

Old 09-12-2005, 02:03 AM
Quad Patrol

Teebone and b&rw, You both make some valid points. One of the ways of changing the times, is to police ourselves. When I look at Comp hill and the trash left behind, I see it coming from all the p/u's that go back there. I have never seen a quad bringing pallets out there to burn. I have seen it, where the rangers have shut down Comp hill. I would like to see the rangers go tear and have a zero tolerance attitude for awhile. Maybe that will change some negative behaviors that are going on out there.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:27 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: reconranger

To say Plovers are "endangered" just because there have never been many of them at Pismo, is like saying we need to shut Yosemite down because elephants are an "endangered" species there. Pismo is not now, nor has it ever been the Plovers prime habitat.
Great observation reconranger.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:27 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I would like to see the rangers go tear and have a zero tolerance attitude for awhile. Maybe that will change some negative behaviors that are going on out there.
This is way over due as far as Im concerned.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:52 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't believe the amount of " street trucks" racing up comp! I think it's a miracle that no one was killed the way these guys were flying up and down. They looked like Nascar drivers doin' hot laps. I mean they weren't stopping anywhere, they'd race up, across, down and then back to the starting line without stopping or waiting in line. They'd go around people waiting and just take off. Freakin' idiots!!!

Old 09-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: rescuediver
I would like to see the rangers go tear and have a zero tolerance attitude for awhile. Maybe that will change some negative behaviors that are going on out there.
This is way over due as far as Im concerned.
Definately a good idea.

I can see the posts on here now. Hell, people were throwing fits when they sound checked some people out there.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

I think the last 2 years things have steadily gotten worse, I am for opening more of the dunes up or even alternating sections each year to let the dunes recover....but it is hard to go in asking to open more when you can't take care of what you have now. I would like to see the offroaders stand togather and get a little more agressive with the reasearch and studies and start taking back what they have slowly been away, but attittudes are definately going to have to change. It is hard to stand togather when we are fighting each other.

Old 10-04-2005, 03:02 AM
Trailblazer

More people are moving to California all the time. Then you got the tree huggers doing their thing by closing down riding areas and this is what happens. It's kinda of funny that over time there have been untold numbers of extinctions and the Earth still goes on doing it's thing. We're the first species to give a crap and who's to say in a few thousand years that we will still be here. So what's the point in trying to save other species when there will be new ones taking their place. Maybe I'm just shortsighted.[/quote]

DAHM TREE HUGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

Yea i know!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]