Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride in Charlotte, NC area... Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 05:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride in Charlotte, NC area... Please Help!

Turtle, I live in Upstate SC and there is a place in Gaffney SC that is very close to Charlotte. I have not been there yet but I hear it is nice with approx 50 miles of trails to ride. I will be checking it out soon. Here is there link and if you ride it before I do let me know what you think.

Mud

Text

Old 06-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys, I saw this thread and just joined this morning. Anyway, I live in Eden, I'm on the VA line about 45 min north of Greensboro. I used to frequent wolf island pretty regularly, but I've kinda gotten bored of it. Too much mud. But I don't know if any of you guys have ridden Uwharrie. That's not too far from Charlotte. Look on a map and it's a little north of Troy on hwy 109 right before you get to Eldorado. It's a pretty good ride area if you don't mind some rocks. Most trails are pretty clear, but you do have a few that are pretty rough. I haven't been yet with my 450, but I did have an old 94 300ex I used to ride there with and I never had any problems. I noticed someone earlier mentioned Brown Mountain also, the terrain there reminded me of Uwharrie a little, just that most of the trails there are one-way only. Hey kaptap, if you ever want to get a group together to go down to Uwharrie, or Brown Mountain, drop me a line. I need to find more people to ride with. I always seem to find the guys around here who want to talk about riding more than they actually want to ride.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Uwharie is great & we should get a ride together over there. I just rode Brushy this friday afternoon & had a blast trails in good shape marked well a lot of whoops & off cambers hills good combination....Friday afternoon not a lot of people.....

Old 06-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer

im not a uwharrie fan at all .. its all rocks , little mud a few good climbs but they are all rock .. ive been once and that will be the only time i ever go there .. all my guards took a major beating ..

Old 07-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hit up Wolf Island yesterday afternoon......NASTY!!!! Anyway, gonna try and hit Uwharrie next Saturday if I don't have to work if so, it'll be Sunday, but either way, I'll be there next weekend. Anybody else interested?

Old 07-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks everyone for thier input. I really want to go riding with others.
My computer took a crap last week, so I am at kinkos right now. Dont know when my comp will be sent back, but if anyone wants to go riding anytime on the weekends let me know by phone. Out of state # 702-461-3047.... or my house at 704-499-8202 my name is john. I have sat-sun off and can pretty much go anytime.
My wife may come along too, if noone has a prob with that...

Old 07-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Range Rover

I can't ride next weekend, but possibly can ride the following Sunday (2 weeks from today) when family leaves. Wolf Island is only 30 minutes from me, so I can always join for a ride. Early in the morning is best because after 1pm the families come out and it gets crowded early. Let me know whenever you got to Wolf Island. I'd be up for going anywhere as the people I usually ride with bought horses and their atvs just sit now. I'd be up for Unwharrie or Brown Mtn. in a few weeks though!

Old 07-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

sounds good guys, I have a friend who just bought a warrior, and he can't stay off it. Anyway, wolf island was really his first ride, I talked to him this afternoon and he said he'd be up for uwharrie next weekend. Kaptap, if you'd be interested on Sat., we could meet you in G-boro somewhere. I like to leave Eden around 8-8:30 so we could meet up around 9:15-30. I usually take 85S to exit 103 in Thomasville. Been down 220 before and it seemed to take longer. Anyway, let me know a good meeting spot anywhere in the area, I worked in G-boro for 8 years, so I'm pretty familiar with the city. Later

Old 07-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Range Rover

Hooty - I've got family visiting for the next two weekends, but could probably find a couple of hours on Saturday morning to ride at Wolf Island since it's close. It's not Unwharrie, but it's something for a quick fix. Let me know if you're up for that or I can go to Unwharrie or something in a few weeks.