Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New to SoCal and looking for places to go.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to SoCal and looking for places to go.

Putter, Too bad you could not make it. My girlfreind and I rode over 100 miles this weekend.
I was ready to show you the dune area. I hope your trailer will be ok.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: djdavid2134
Hi Everyone, I'm David
I just bought my quad today! and today was my first time riding in one... Right away i started looking for places to ride and stuff and i came accross this thread, and i started reading a lot of the stuff all the way back since february.
Well this weekend we have planned to go riding with my uncle and his cousin and their kids. I'm Not quite sure where we're going but I know we're going somewhere out by victorville... I'm guessing johnson valley from what i've read here on this thread. So i thought i'd write and see if any of u have anything to say... i cant wait i'm excited, it'll be my first real riding experience...
soo.. any suggestions or comments??

--
david
Welcome to the forums.
You will learn of many places to ride on here.
Johnson Valley, El Mirage, Stodderd Wells, or up here in the mountains (even Azusa Cyn can be a little fun).
Just be sure to pick up your trash before you leave.
Just this past weekend, we were camped near a group of young kids, all in tents.
They don't seem to have camped very much, but they left ALL THEIR TRASH laying around.
There is no trash service.

Have fun and ride safe.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:06 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Happpy. I know how that is with the trash. Went to Dumont this weekend and I rode with a bunch of nutheads throwing trash at camp and out at the dunes. One of them idiots even managed to crash my quad while moving it!!!!! About $800 in damage! Damn full moon.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Range Rover

thanks happy, i think it would have been a blast. we'll get it together next time.

we'll see how things shake out with the insurance companys. i'd like to ride the 21st.

Welcome djdavid2134, take it easy and learn the bike and break it in right.

Ditto: Pack it in, Pack it out!

Old 10-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

Well Putter,

Just glad everyone is ok, thats what matters...the material things can be fixed, well I guess so can you now days, but the point is everyone is safe. Ya we missed ya, but your in one peice...Now if you would just learn how to drive we'd see more of ya.....your not in bummper cars anymore...LOL, just kidding. I'm going up again this weekend to Calico to do some 4Wheeling and some shooting and spend the night, so that should be fun....Glad to see some more people wanna go riding....I'm fairly new and its a good group of people that go out, so anyone will have fun......Hope to see ya'll soon....

Wyoming

Old 10-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: alienjunior
Hey Happpy. I know how that is with the trash. Went to Dumont this weekend and I rode with a bunch of nutheads throwing trash at camp and out at the dunes. One of them idiots even managed to crash my quad while moving it!!!!! About $800 in damage! Damn full moon.
Broke your plastic?

Old 10-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey guys.. well thanx for the warm welcome...
Bad news for me though, i wont be going out this weekend. I have to work... I could go sunday, but everyone's going saturday. Oh Well, looks like i'll have to be a little patient.
By the way, thanx for the advice, but is there any other things i should know about breaking in my machine right? all i know so far is not to go too fast, and let it warm up b4 i ride.
oh and where exaclty can i ride in azusa canyn?? its close to where i live so it would b perfect.
thank you!

--
david

Old 10-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Trailblazer

HI David,

It couldn't be any closer. You go up Azuza canyon pass the bridge for the east fork...you'll see the enterance on the right. Alot of 4 wheelers go up there, some bikes. Not alot of room to play, rocks, mud and water. I used to go up there 4 wheeling, only took my bike once up there. But its close enough you could go check it out. I'm one of those who doesn't like riding in circles, I need some room to run.....Hope that helps....

Mike

Old 10-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

I believe this is it clicky her to see

Old 10-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah Happy. Broke rear right fender. Huge crack that's L shaped. Bent two rims and i think damaged front wheel bearing.

Quick Reply: New to SoCal and looking for places to go.