Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Oregon Dunes during Spring Break

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oregon Dunes during Spring Break

I have never ridden Oregon Dunes and have a chance to clock some time up there during this coming Spring break. If it is too crowded, I might just head to Nevada where I know the crowds are sparse. Any experience riding there during Spring break? I quit going to Sand Mountain, Nevada during holidays due to massive crowds so I don't want to drive 9 hours for the same craziness in Oregon. Thanks.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:33 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally posted by: penrynron
I have never ridden Oregon Dunes and have a chance to clock some time up there during this coming Spring break. If it is too crowded, I might just head to Nevada where I know the crowds are sparse. Any experience riding there during Spring break? I quit going to Sand Mountain, Nevada during holidays due to massive crowds so I don't want to drive 9 hours for the same craziness in Oregon. Thanks.
What week is your spring break?
Oregon schools and a lot of Washington schools have spring break the first week of April.
Even with all the campgrounds around the dunes full during the summer and during spring break there is plenty of room at the Oregon dunes.
The Florence and Coos Bay riding areas are huge. The most crowded area would be Winchester but you can get away from the crowds there too!

Old 02-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. Our Spring break is also the first week of April. It sounds like the crowds are smaller than what I have experienced here in California. I am looking forward to the ride.