Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

looking for people to ride with in san diego area

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for people to ride with in san diego area

I have polaris ranger XP and interested in finding new people to ride with in the area. I have been all over the Big Bear area and have been told more mountain trails exist in the lake arowhead area. I like the mountain trails and roads the most but spend alot of time in the desert also.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

We have a group that goes out riding in Ocotillo Wells (pretty decent terrain for a trail/utility quad), Glamis, Gordons Well, etc. We like to stay pretty far south though.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a nice trail system behind Lake Arrowhead, but it is 50" wide single track...not intended for sideXsides. Occasionally you see a Rhino on it, but you will probably incur the wrath of the dirt bikers. They already hate the quads for widening the trail, and a sideXside is even worse! I haven't seen it come to blows yet, but no doubt that day will come.....

Only a limited number of roads are green sticker legal! I purposely got street legal dual-sport dirt bikes, so I now have free run of all the fire roads everywhere in the mountains, even the ones that are not green sticker legal!!!

Print out the maps, and go explore. Crab Flats is a good place to stage from, with a sideXside. In winter, some nice snow riding possible if you stage from Miller Canyon:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanber...eation/ohv/index.shtml

Old 03-18-2024, 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by SoCalHavoc
We have a group that goes out riding in Ocotillo Wells (pretty decent terrain for a trail/utility quad), Glamis, Gordons Well, etc. We like to stay pretty far south though.
This is an old quote, (Feb 2009) but I thought I would see if you are still riding out there. If so, please respond to my reply. I'm looking for company to ride with. Thanks.