Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Do I go to Paducha, KY or Black Hills, SD? need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I go to Paducha, KY or Black Hills, SD? need help

Hello all,

I am planing a trip for early summer this year (2008) for about 6 guys for 3 to 4 nights to go ATVing. Coming from Wisconsin

I can't decide which place to go. I want to go to Black Hills, SD and another guy wants to go south to Paducha, KY....I don't know much about Paducha or Black Hills...

Can anybody give me recommendations of either places? like trails or places to stay

We are all between 30 - 40 years old and have 4WD, we would like a nice mix of trails.

Thanks for any info

TK

Old 01-05-2008, 06:30 PM
2 strokes or 4

I don't know of a place in Paducah, but there is a place between Calvert city and Grand rivers Ky. about 20 minutes from Paducah called Land between the Lakes can camp or get a hotel room at a hotel called inn by the lake ( ask for phyllis )and there's miles of trails real scenic anything from oak bottoms to what seemed like mountains to me. Kentucky dam and Berkley dam is right there, the Ohio river and Tennessee river and Kentucky lake all within riding distance. But i'm from La. so anything other than pine trees is interesting to me.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer

hahahaha...thanks, my friend did mentioned "Land between the Lakes"....Anymore info on the area...Hoping for mud and mountains..Not many tall hills in WI.

Thanks again,

TK

Old 01-05-2008, 08:41 PM
2 strokes or 4

It's all there mud, mountains, wildlife a big cliff called Patti's bluff that overlooks some body of water seems like you can see for miles you can camp in L.B.L. itself or stay in a motel near there. I moved up there about five years ago and stayed for 3 yrs. but due to my Father's health I had to move back. Where I worked I met a lady named Phyllis but now she's the front desk manager at Inn by the lake it's a nice motel it's where the pro fisherman stay when a tournament is in town very outdoors, wildlife oriented. And if you're like me and never seen a dam before Berkely and Kentucky dams are something you just can't describe, they are enourmous. If you go eat at the Pelican real good down home country cookin'. Also a good place to eat is Patti's 1880's settlement it's a restaurant where everybody wears 1880's era clothing, and a nice souvanier shop. There is a highway that goes straight through L.B.L. and at 55mph it takes 2 hours to get from bottom to top just to show how big it is. There are Elk, and Bison, Fallow deer, Mule deer, Whitetail, all kinds of wildlife. Old stills and sawmill ruins, indian burial grounds in the woods you just come up on them while riding. If I could go again I would definately do so. P.S. If you call Phyllis say Nick from La. told you to, might be able to get a good deal..........................

Old 01-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Range Rover

You might take in Bricks 4x4 park in Poplar Bluff,MO.Its awesome to say the
least,best atv riding Ive ever done they treat you like family,good food,camping
lots of motels,etc.Bout the only place I ride now![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Trailblazer

thanks on Poplar Bluff...I am looking for a good place...let me do some research on it....

Looks like L.B.L is not to popular now. Seems they are cracking down (No double riding, Helmets, no booze, can not touch the mud either)

Old 01-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Range Rover

You wont have those problems at Bricks go to their web site go thru the
different photo gallerys it says it all![img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]