Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod

A very short story.

One day, a long, long time ago, lived a woman who did not whine, nag or bitch.

But that was a long, long time ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and it was just that one day.

The End</end quote></div>

Now that is a short story......

Old 03-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Good afternoon folks.

I gotta amend my comments on the TAGS that I made this morning. I said the income to the property owner was averaging around $10,000.00 per month. That should have been per year. Sorry for the brain delay, I even proof read it and still let that slip. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Even at that, the income off the land is a vast improvement over what pasture or wheat will return for the footprint of the machine.

Son and I went for a ride around the eastern part of Klickitat County this morning. The road between Roosevelt and Bickelton had ice in areas and some snow on the road west of Cleavland. All places you are well familiar with I'm sure. The area is loaded with TAGS now and they are doing wind measurements in a lot of areas for more projects. This county is going to be one giant energy source by the time this is all done.

Eddieville is going to remain open with a couple of the courses modified to go around the TAGS that they are putting up. Scott was saying this extra income will allow some further improvements to the facility as well.

We are in the midst of a thunder/lightning and sleet storm. Hope it passes quickly, makes the old Corgi dog shiver.

Mike

Old 03-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DS450X
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed
The local economy is improving because of these machines and this is a major turn around for such a depressed area.
Mike</end quote></div>
That's great!</end quote></div>
That's an excellent point. Job creation is huge. I am all for demand that creates jobs here which we can produce something to meet a demand and benefit local economies.
My opinion, the wind mills aren't the end all, but something has to be done, and it's a start. We might be all hydro, but alternatives create the freedom of choice, or at least the opportunity for choice. It has to start somewhere. If we never try to make progress where would be be at this point? There's good and bad in all of it. JMHO</end quote></div>
The USA should have seriously started developing alternative energys decades ago. This is a problem that has been ignored for long enough.
Jimmy Carter had an Alternative Energy Bill in place over 30 years ago. Imagine were we would be today if Reagan had not trashed it. I would probably be driving a solar car and we would not be at war.
I am all for the wind mills, solar energy, energy auditing our homes etc.</end quote></div>
I can't say I disagree with you, but I might be the only one...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

On the other hand, you can't be a complete tree hugger. You do own and ride an evil ORV that burns decomposed dinousars in good quantity. Even if it is a DS. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I think it's all about the balance. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Bing

mornin psar!!

what feels like the beginnings of a good head/chest cold has moved into my body in the last 12 hours,,,,joy!!!</end quote></div>

Pickup some Airborne(I can choke down the Grapefruit flavor best)Take it 2 or 3times through the day. Alot of that kind of stuff is garbage, but I believe the Airborne is a good formula that helps, either fighting it off to begin with or making the crud less severe...been using it for a couple years. Or it could all be in my head, but I'd rather than than suffering in misery. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hope you feel better.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod Actually yesterday was closer to the weekend, albiet the one past, but you weren't specific.</end quote></div>
Hey, are you forgetting I'm from Texas, quit using them big words I don't understand Name:  nono.gif
Views: 7
Size:  234 Bytes

Old 03-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Bing mornin psar!! what feels like the beginnings of a good head/chest cold has moved into my body in the last 12 hours,,,,joy!!!</end quote></div>
Bad news, take care of yourself [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250 Good morning PSAR!</end quote></div> Mornin Chris, no two wheeler for you today</end quote></div> I almost rode it in! Went to turn my lights on my truck this morning and the dash, tail, stop and turn signals went out! blew three fuses! Have gone through a dozen fuse so far trying to figure out what's causing the short. No luck so far.</end quote></div>
A bare wire grounding out somewhere?

Old 03-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed We are in the midst of a thunder/lightning and sleet storm. Hope it passes quickly, makes the old Corgi dog shiver. Mike</end quote></div>
We have thunder, lightning, dark clouds and wind, I see a big storm brewing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay On the other hand, you can't be a complete tree hugger. You do own and ride an evil ORV that burns decomposed dinousars in good quantity. Even if it is a DS. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]</end quote></div>

Old 03-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DS450X

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed

The local economy is improving because of these machines and this is a major turn around for such a depressed area.

Mike</end quote></div>

That's great!</end quote></div>

That's an excellent point. Job creation is huge. I am all for demand that creates jobs here which we can produce something to meet a demand and benefit local economies.

My opinion, the wind mills aren't the end all, but something has to be done, and it's a start. We might be all hydro, but alternatives create the freedom of choice, or at least the opportunity for choice. It has to start somewhere. If we never try to make progress where would be be at this point? There's good and bad in all of it. JMHO</end quote></div>

The USA should have seriously started developing alternative energys decades ago. This is a problem that has been ignored for long enough.

Jimmy Carter had an Alternative Energy Bill in place over 30 years ago. Imagine were we would be today if Reagan had not trashed it. I would probably be driving a solar car and we would not be at war.

I am all for the wind mills, solar energy, energy auditing our homes etc.</end quote></div>

I can't say I disagree with you, but I might be the only one...[img][/img]

On the other hand, you can't be a complete tree hugger. You do own and ride an evil ORV that burns decomposed dinousars in good quantity. Even if it is a DS. [img][/img] [img][/img] I think it's all about the balance. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Check Out what KTM has in the works...

http://hellforleathermagazine....s-electric-enduro.html

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread