Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod No, you're ****!</end quote></div>
Yeah, I know, it can be a real pain in the azz at time Name:  icon_rolleyes.gif
Views: 7
Size:  708 Bytes

Old 03-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Morning PSAR

TGITUE Alittle wet down this way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed
Watched them put up the tower for a TAG today. They started setting the column about 7 and have four sections up now. Think they have one more to put up then the head goes on. What a project. Costs about 3.5 Mil to erect one TAG.
Have a great evening.
Mike</end quote></div>
How many years does it have to produce electricity before it pays for itself?</end quote></div>
A bigger question is how the residents of the State of Washington won't see most of what it generates since they are selling most of it to Southern California. [IMG][/IMG] Now if it was only the excess after SOW got our needs met first, I wouldn't have an issue with it, but we will likely see our rates reflect their capital investment and nothing for the profit it will eventually produce since there isn't any regulation to stop them from balancing it out properly. Just my two cents and I am stepping down off my soapbox now.</end quote></div>

I agree with your soapbox.

The majority of the population of this state are bamboozled into believing that with wind generated power we are burning less oil or coal for the power. This state is 100% hydro powered and all the windmills and cfl bulbs won't change that.

OK, so much for my soapbox.</end quote></div>

Don't know how long it takes to pay one of these things off but I do know the landowner will be averaging around ten grand a month for each TAG on their property. They pay taxes on this and that all adds up. As for the County, they are going to be taking in more revenue from the TAGS than they did from the aluminum plant that the power crunch shut down here. Since there is a nation wide power shortage the more power we can export the less likely there will be a "brown out" problem here in the PNW.

The local economy is improving because of these machines and this is a major turn around for such a depressed area.

Our oldest son got laid off yesterday, he drove truck at the landfill, and will probably be off for about six weeks. He and I will be staying busy around the place here between his job searches. He called a couple of the local rock haulers that are working on the TAGS and was told they have people standing in line from all over the PNW wanting to drive belly dumps. Bout the only truck driving jobs that are open are long haul it seems.

Don't worry about getting on a soap box, it gives folks things to think about.

Have a great day folks.

Mike

Old 03-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Mornin' PSAR

Old 03-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

Good Morning PSAR

TGITUE Alittle wet down this way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]</end quote></div>

What's so great about? Huh, huh, what?

A little wet is not how I'd describe it up here!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:52 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed
The local economy is improving because of these machines and this is a major turn around for such a depressed area.
Mike</end quote></div>

That's great!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap Good Morning PSAR
TGITUE Alittle wet down this way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]</end quote></div> What's so great about? Huh, huh, what?</end quote></div>
Compared to yesterday, it's one day closer to the weekend

Old 03-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed Our oldest son got laid off yesterday, he drove truck at the landfill, and will probably be off for about six weeks. He and I will be staying busy around the place here between his job searches. He called a couple of the local rock haulers that are working on the TAGS and was told they have people standing in line from all over the PNW wanting to drive belly dumps. Bout the only truck driving jobs that are open are long haul it seems.</end quote></div>
Sorry to hear about his layoff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I would never want to long haul

Old 03-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Pro Rider

Good morning PSAR!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250 Good morning PSAR!</end quote></div>
Mornin Chris, no two wheeler for you today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread