Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:31 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good morning PSAR!

okay, new day, clear head thanks for the input.

Congrats on the new kiddo Marc!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Mornin' PSAR

Old 05-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Originally Posted by maggiesboy
well PSAR, today has not been the best day of my life.

My son Justin, who is 14 years old, will not be able to visit this summer like he wants too. His mother has told him he is not allowed to visit, due to the death of her father 2 months ago. Am I missing something? Why does her fathers passing effect my visitaion? I really need a voice of reason here, he is over 12, he wants to come out, I'm paying for the flight... mom says no! What do I do? I honestly need some help with this one before my emotions take control.

Sorry for unloading on you folks.
Depending on the state, Washington is one, when the child reaches the age of 14 they can decide which parent they want to live with, I would think this also pertains to visitation.
Like Hondablue said, it might have to come down to the courts.
Hopefully everything works out and he can come visit. Sounds to me like your ex doesn't want him to establish a relationship with you

Old 05-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Congrats on the new addition Marc!!
And Jayna has a new addition too and so does Josh!!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Can you just image Happa walking around the house in the little white nurse's outfit complete with the hat!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Katie's commissioning was pretty neat. She had to receive her first salute from a noncom so since Nate is a Sgt. he saluted her, welcomed her to the army and shook her had.
Afterwards I asked him why no hug? he said "Just trying to keep it professional"
Now she studies for the next two weeks to take her nurses license exam and then in June it's off to Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio for 3 months to lean how to be an Army Nurse and then it's back to Fort Lewis for her duty station.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

Mornign PSAR!

Well I went down to Capital Forest on Saturday. There was a "fun run/poker run" so there was alot of quads. We (8 of us) just tagged along. Everything was good until I crashed and rolled down a cliff. We did the short run which was 29 miles. We just go to the top of the mountain and started heading down. I was maybe 30 feet into the trail when my tire caught a log that was sticking out into the trail. My quad got yanked up the hill and flipped. I was thrown about 5 feet down the hill and landed directly onto a log about 8 inches round. Right after I hit it I rolled two times so I could get out of the way of my quad. I looked up and saw my quad going down the cliff. It stopped about 30 feet down THANK GOD! If it wouldn't of stopped it would of gone ALOT farther. I was holding up about 35 quads and everyone was yelling to hurry up. Some nice guy winched my quad back out. My handle bars were complete pushed down to the tank and the grips were pushed down even further. They didn't think I would beable to ride out so they told everyone to back out. The guys finally got my handle bars up to were I could ride out. Boy was it a long ways out when you are hurting. The only thing that bothered me was the big bumps. It didn't hurt to breath so I just went with it and slowed WAY down. When we got back to the truck my leg was hurting and I got a huge bruise. My chest is a big bruise as well. It's tender and hurts when I got the hiccups or when I cough. My jaw hurts alittle bit too, I think it's from the straps on the helmet. I checked out the quad yesterday and all seems to be fine. I just need some new handle bars.

Happy birthday to DJ. I can't believe how old he is getting. LOL

Jayna, I was at Schwaby on Friday too. Didn't have no problems. I had a nail in my tire and was out of there in 30mins. Plus they are the only ones I go to. The lake stevens one is nothing but problems for me. Sorry you had a bad experience with them.

congrats on the new baby Marc. Mine in 9 months today. She is growing up way to fast.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Katie's commissioning was pretty neat. She had to receive her first salute from a noncom so since Nate is a Sgt. he saluted her, welcomed her to the army and shook her had.
Afterwards I asked him why no hug? he said "Just trying to keep it professional"
Now she studies for the next two weeks to take her nurses license exam and then in June it's off to Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio for 3 months to lean how to be an Army Nurse and then it's back to Fort Lewis for her duty station.
Rod

My hat is off to those fine young people. Those who elect to serve in our Armed Forces have my undying respect, admiration and thanks. Please let them know for me, will you?

Mike

Old 05-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Morning PSAR

Angie, sounds like the Spring Fling Poker Run wasn't so fun for you, there are some steep areas on that mountain that can be extremely dangerous. I was planning on riding it also, but Vals surgery kept me sidelined, (which I don't mind at all, especially since all the care she's given me in the past). Glad you didn't get hurt any worse, a quad rolling over on you can do alot more damage than just brusies.

Bill, I hope you get it worked out with your son, I've been down that road before and it totally sucks, ex's with a grudge are the worse to deal with on issues with children.

Rod, glad to hear the commission went well and that's cool and funny at the same time Nate giving her the first salute. Now it's time for you to spend some time with your foot up, I know it's swollen from all that standing, driving and whatever other activites you partook in.

Everybody have a great day, Val and I are off for her first day of PT with the professionals. I can't wait to learn some new methods of torture for her

Old 05-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Good Morning PSAR!

WQ hope you heal quick, bruises like that tend to get worse before they get better. Took a few months after I crashed last spring for all the sore spots to heal up.

Hap in a nurses dress riding a hay burner! Now for that ride I'd saddle up a pony and go along. Do I get to pick the mount? Friends got the perfect ride, big ears, not very tall and answers to the name of "Jenny".

Pouring more concrete today. Things are slowly shaping up around here.

Mike

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread