Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maggiesboy
yup, my back is junk. I go in for a MRI in the morning. The doc did give me a return to work slip today.... I think I missed something. Oh well, back to work I go.
Good morning PSAR!

MB: Don't let them cut on you! Went thru the bad back thing a few years back, crushed disks, ruptured two disks, split vertebrate and all that usual stuff. I was fortunate to see a Vet that knew what he was doing. He told me it would take a year and a half of pure misery to get the injuries healed as well as they could be without surgery. Option was to go in and fuse the vertebrate together and add a reinforcing thing. He also told me that the surgery almost always failed after about five years and I would be back in for more repairs.

Advantage of the surgery was I would have been back to work in six weeks. It did take a total of 16 months to get healed up and back to work without it. First year was very difficult and, like Rod, consisted of being really bored. Once feeling returned to my legs I could start therapy and made rapid improvement. During this whole time I was going back to see this same Vet and saw many, many people that had had the surgery and were in for more. To a person they were wishing they had gone the natural healing route.

Not all back injuries will respond to a non-surgical fix but it sure was the best route in my case.

Hope you get better real quick, back problems are no fun at all.

Mike

Old 06-11-2009, 08:54 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

good morning PSARIANS.

Headed out for my MRI. It is my original injury that is acting up. (compression fracture of my T-10) The last thing I want done is someone to slice me open.

Have a good one PSAR!

Old 06-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by HappaRap
Good Morning PSAR

Any duners leaving today?

Hope everybody has a great day

Is it a hint that I have let my quad sit for too long(Since Sandy Turkey) when I find a mouse nest under my air cleaner? And they have been there recently because they have slugbait in there that I've only put out in the last month.

Hmmmm.

Morning PSAR. Have a great day everyone.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally Posted by tencubed
Good morning PSAR!

MB: Don't let them cut on you! Went thru the bad back thing a few years back, crushed disks, ruptured two disks, split vertebrate and all that usual stuff. I was fortunate to see a Vet that knew what he was doing. He told me it would take a year and a half of pure misery to get the injuries healed as well as they could be without surgery. Option was to go in and fuse the vertebrate together and add a reinforcing thing. He also told me that the surgery almost always failed after about five years and I would be back in for more repairs.

Advantage of the surgery was I would have been back to work in six weeks. It did take a total of 16 months to get healed up and back to work without it. First year was very difficult and, like Rod, consisted of being really bored. Once feeling returned to my legs I could start therapy and made rapid improvement. During this whole time I was going back to see this same Vet and saw many, many people that had had the surgery and were in for more. To a person they were wishing they had gone the natural healing route.

Not all back injuries will respond to a non-surgical fix but it sure was the best route in my case.

Hope you get better real quick, back problems are no fun at all.

Mike
i went thru pretty much the same thing,,,and i'm glad I opted out of surgery,,,,especially at my age

Old 06-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Mornin' PSAR

Old 06-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Originally Posted by LdyJay
Is it a hint that I have let my quad sit for too long(Since Sandy Turkey) when I find a mouse nest under my air cleaner? And they have been there recently because they have slugbait in there that I've only put out in the last month.

Hmmmm.

Morning PSAR. Have a great day everyone.
Good thing you checked your air cleaner!
Have a great time down there, TAKE PICTURES!

Old 06-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

[QUOTE=S250;2806123]
Originally Posted by HappaRap
Good Morning PSAR

Any duners leaving today?

Riding down to Lebam Wa tonight to stay at a friends and then Fri morning we leave for the dunes on the motorcycles. I have an awesome friend who taking my quad and gear for me
Have a safe ride down Chris and tear it up for me when you get there!

Old 06-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Good thing you checked your air cleaner!
Have a great time down there, TAKE PICTURES!
I got a new camera to try out so I guess I better get back into the habit.

Off to load some firewood.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Morning PSAR

Hope the duners have a good time, not sure where they are going LOL must be nice haha

Good luck to Bill on his MRI doesn't sound fun!

So are TP & RG still around????????????? Guess they probably have better things to do than sit on the puter LOL

Have a good day all

Old 06-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

13 days!

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread