Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Karl, that sounds like so much fun!
Cindy watched the video and was "WOW, he's jumping it too!"
I know if I was driving one that way (which I would) I'd have a sore right arm from Cindy hitting it.
I had her out in the dunes years ago in a mini sand rail and she was screaming at me the whole time to slow down. I didn't.
Chris and Tammy said they tried to steer the RZR using the passenger handle... might just need to mount a mock steering wheel over there to keep them busy .

I actually think riding as a passenger is fun too. Tammy prefers to have me drive for now because she doesn't want to hold anyone up. But I'd be ok with her driving anytime.

Needs a winch though, can't just pick it up if you bury it. I'm getting a compact shovel to assist. I got it stuck at the bottom of a hill when it slid off the trail and had to winch it a foot or two to get it back on. Then ran it up a tree-shot to get it out...

Old 06-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

Originally Posted by OneFlyCowboy
I'll make ya some brauts if ya take me out so i can decide between the rzr or rhino My womans Cousin has a rhino and its soo much fun.. just can decide if the fun factor of a rzr outweighs the cargo capacity of the rhino.
I haven't ridden/driven a rhino, but I'm very satisfied with the RZR. I'm sure it depends on what you want to do with it... I go for the fun factor.

come down to the dunes sometime and we'll get you some seat time. Trying to decide when my next trip will be.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't think our next trip to the dunes will be until Sandy Turkey

Old 06-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

hiya everyone....my internet has been down and finally got it back. hope you all had a great fathers day.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally Posted by 2mnyToyz
I haven't ridden/driven a rhino, but I'm very satisfied with the RZR. I'm sure it depends on what you want to do with it... I go for the fun factor.

come down to the dunes sometime and we'll get you some seat time. Trying to decide when my next trip will be.
sweet.. Guy needs a set of Big Horn 2's on that bad boy the Rzr S i was checkin out in yakima was pretty mean lookin with big horns.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

Evening PSAR

Old 06-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Evenin' Chris!

Old 06-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

14 hours to go!
Keeping my fingers crossed!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

Originally Posted by OneFlyCowboy
sweet.. Guy needs a set of Big Horn 2's on that bad boy the Rzr S i was checkin out in yakima was pretty mean lookin with big horns.
I'm trying to decide what or even if I want new wheels. I went for the bone stock model because I knew I would scratch the pretty paint on the LE model and didn't know if I wanted the extended a-arms on the s model. From what I know so-far, haulers on the rear and stock tires on the front will get you where you want to go. The rest is for pretty pictures... besides, the 50" allows you to go down the tighter trails rather than extending your wheels out so far that you can't follow your buddies down the trails.

It does have clearance issues with the roll cage. Since the ATV rider sits in the center, the rider can dodge the branches, or has minimal contact with items just over the wheels and fenders. However the driver and passenger on the side x side have more frequent contact with branches. Still not a very big issue, just an observation and possibly a few more scratches than an ATV would get.

I saw one or two with paddles on the front, but I'm not sure how effective they really are or if they just yank the steering wheel around.

There was a guy I was talking to the night before about their RZRs. They didn't say much except that one had a chip and the other didn't and the one that didn't couldn't make it up the hill very well until they got the chip... That being said, once I lowered the pressure to 3psi from the 8psi they put in at the dealership I didn't have any issues getting around. In addition to getting familiar with how the machine responds to throttle and steering response in and out of 4x4. I might go with the chip just to see what it has to offer on hill climbs. Other than that I think the stock 60mph is pleanty fast enough for me with the two of us in it. It can scare the chit out of you and your passenger if you try hard enough.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally Posted by 2mnyToyz
I'm trying to decide what or even if I want new wheels. I went for the bone stock model because I knew I would scratch the pretty paint on the LE model and didn't know if I wanted the extended a-arms on the s model..
I put over 100 miles on the rhino.. never got over 35 and i was in eastern oregon on trails, forrest roads and just boondockin. I know all about the hittin branches its fun though.

Tires if your gonna go in the dirt or anything.. Im a fan of the big horns its only like 650 bucks.. drop in the hat right

Pretty much if i get a rzr or a rhino it will be base model. Cuz i wan't specific tires and mods.. Skidplates and so forth. Its all picked out for wichever gets the trigger pulled on it by the woman when i say ok

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread