Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy Anniversary Brenda & Bill

Old 07-10-2009, 10:05 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

good morning PSARIANS!

Thanks for the congrats. You folks, right here on this forum, has assisted in our quest for happiness. Thanks again.

Off to pack some trailer bearings

Old 07-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally Posted by warriorqueen
Morning PSAR!

Justin's quad does not have an extended swing arm. I'm not posting it on Craigslist until he comes up with a better price. LOL I told him $5500 was way to high.

Can somebody explain what a car does when the transmission is slipping or going out on a car? The transmission in my rice burner is acting up, I believe. I put it in overdrive with I'm going 50 and over. If I stay a steady speed and am on flat or slight hill it starts to shake. I have to either give it more gas or let off to make it stop.
When you say "shake" do you mean a fairly high speed vibration? If so I would first check the driveline for bad "U" joints if it's a rear wheel drive or CV joints if front wheel drive. You should be able to duplicate the fault in lower gears at reduced speeds in most cases of joint failure.

This can also be caused by other faults such as motor mounts, bent axles, bad wheel bearings and the list goes on. If you can get your mechanic to go for a test drive.

Good luck.

Mike

Old 07-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

Happy Anniversary Bill & Brenda! I hope you two have many more years!

I know what it sounds like when the cv joints are going out. It's a front wheel drive car. Isn't when the cv joints are going out more of a clicking sound?

Old 07-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Range Rover

Morning PSAR!

Justin's quad does not have an extended swing arm. I'm not posting it on Craigslist until he comes up with a better price. LOL I told him $5500 was way to high.

Can somebody explain what a car does when the transmission is slipping or going out on a car? The transmission in my rice burner is acting up, I believe. I put it in overdrive with I'm going 50 and over. If I stay a steady speed and am on flat or slight hill it starts to shake. I have to either give it more gas or let off to make it stop.
Does it lose power when it starts to happen? And then it feels like you have to finesse the gas pedal to get it running smooth again?

I had a similiar issue with a chevy celebrity and I believe it was the computer not giving the proper gas/air mixture. But if i finessed the gas pedal i could get it to go away. It started happening after me and my friends installed an aftermarket stereo in the car and clipped some wires we shouldn't have.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by maggiesboy
ahhh...

14 years ago today i married brenda. She was 19, i was 22, we knew each other for 6 months.

I couldn't be happier.

happy anniversary!!!

Old 07-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

Morning PSAR!

could be a torque converter or shift solenoids.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Heck Angie, go ahead and put it in Craigslist, it's free and you can always lower the price in a week and who knows, you might have a bite at that price

Old 07-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hey
Afternoon PSAR
...Reagan and I got back from a week in horsfall the other day...Kassie decided to stay home....going back to Driftwood next weekend....

Wow I am so glad I helped rescue that girl stuck in the sand down there a few weeks ago.

It is amazing how fate can work sometimes.

Hope everyone had a great 4th...

Rod can't wait to ride w you again...get well.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

evening PSAR

Welll Happy Anniversary Bill & Brenda sorry you aren't coming up to play w/ us oh well

Well hubby just got home gotta go oh YEAH I drove the bus today : took into town to get propane & gas did just fine, now I have to haul the trailer next time then LOOK OUT LOL

Have a good one

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread